About the Organization
Haqdarshak is a social enterprise working to make welfare schemes more accessible to citizens by creating a multi-state, multi-lingual, mobile technology platform that helps citizens discover, apply for, and benefit from, government and private schemes that they qualify for. They can use the platform through a local trained facilitator, the ‘Haqdarshak’, or themselves, on payment of a small service fee, which makes it financially sustainable. The promoters have immense experience in entrepreneurship and grassroots work in
The ‘Haqdarshaks’, as they are called, are people from the community and working on incentive based model where the income is based on number of citizens assisted in availing benefits of schemes. In 2015, we completed our research for States like Delhi, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu with a pilot of about 200 families in urban. From 2016 onwards, our focus is directed towards research of schemes for Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Tamil Nadu and Delhi, for Central Government, State Government
as well as private schemes.
The organization has entered into multiple partnerships with government (Rajasthan, Haryana) and corporate organizations (Tata Trust, PRADAN, TRIF, JPAL, Save the Children, MAVIM, Swadesh Foundation, Center for Social Justice (CSJ) amongst many others) to roll out the services. We want to touch a million lives in the next one year through effective use of technology and using network of people of on ground. The organization has won multiple awards indifferent platforms organized by MyGov, Deity, Sankalp Global Innovation forum, TIE Bangalore, Harvard SAI IIT Delhi, amongst others.
Please visit our website www.haqdarshak.com to learn more about the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The selected candidate shall be responsible for conducting research on various welfare programs and
- policies implemented by government and private organizations at all levels. The focus of the research is to
- understand a scheme from a citizen perspective and collect information that is critical for him/her to apply
- for a scheme.
- Research on welfare programs implemented by Government and Private Institutions for the benefit of the individuals / community and organizations.
- Prepare easily comprehensible and informative write-ups for all schemes/programme. The Haqdarshakwill access this information in communities through a mobile platform to inform citizens about their rights. The research will include online research and interactions with implementing officers in government/private institutions.
- Work directly with the operations team in conducting training of Haqdarshak and resolving on ground queries for schemes/services. It will include intensive travel to communities to work directly with Haqdarshak and provide support in completing scheme applications.
- Liaison with the government departments at the state and district level to get updated information and support during operations.
- Create new channels to popularize and create awareness amongst citizens about various welfare schemes on the portal.
- Coordinate and work with closely with the product team for digitizing the scheme information along with various documents required
- Prepare questionnaire based on scheme eligibility and complete rules engine mapping for same. Routinely update the research with inputs from the operations team and/or any changes if announced by government
- Be informed about all important current/upcoming government and private initiatives related to this field
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum graduate (in any discipline)
- Desired work experience of 2-7 years (preferably in related field). The position will vary depending on degree of relevant work experience as mentioned above.
- Willingness to travel as per requirement including travel to low income communities for close interaction
- Self- interested and motivated to study about public policies and a research bent of mind. Prior experience is a plus
- Must be well versed with English and local language (read and write) of the State that the candidate is placed at. For eg.) Tamil would be a Must for location in Tamil Nadu.
- Determined and motivated to reach targets and meet tight deadlines
- Need to work in close coordination with the team and the Line Manager
There are openings for the following locations -
Madhya Pradesh (Bhopal), Jharkhand (Ranchi), Delhi, Rajasthan (Jaipur), Bihar (Patna).
Nature of Positions Available for
- Will be competitive as per market standards and in accordance to the relevant work experience