The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer assists in the coordination of monitoring and evaluation activities of the HIV Service Delivery Support Activity – Rift Valley at county, sub county, facility and community level, focusing specifically on capacity building of health care workers, SCHRIO on DHIS2, implementing partners staff on programs systems for collecting data for measuring project implementation, quality assurance, documentation and reporting. The position contributes to the implementation of M&E activities in accordance with guidelines stipulated by USAID and GOK. The position provides regular updates to project staff on progress towards implementation of the work plan, and designing M&E methods for demonstrating program outcomes and impact.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate collection of program activity data to ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness within assigned sub counties Ensure sub counties/implementing partners have a functional system for data collection, management, analysis and synthesis of monitoring data in line with GOK/USAID requirements
- Ensure that implementing partners/health care workers understand USAID/GOK reporting requirements including use of tools, indicator definitions and reporting through continuous job training/mentorship,
- Continuously identify data tools requirements and provide logistical support to ensure constant availability of approved standardized tools to facilities and partners in assigned sub counties.
- Building capacity of partners and health care workers in data management including basic analysis and use of data for program improvement,
- Disseminate program results at sub county progress review meetings and other stakeholder forums,
- Build skills and capacity of SCHMTs and partners to ensure data quality including ability to conduct Routine Data Quality Assessments,
- Provide technical updates on reporting and dissemination of national guidelines to districts and implementing partners
- In liaison with the Senior Data Managers support implementation of DHIS2, EMR, national prevention systems, and program databases at sub county, facility and community level
- Conduct routine support supervisory visits implementing partners and facilities Write quarterly progress reports on M&E activities in assigned sub counties
- Carry out adhoc analysis and mining of program data
- Advice and promote best practices in monitoring and evaluation.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Experience in setting up data bases,
- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of USAID/PEPFAR/GOK reporting requirements
- Good planning and high level organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines,
- Demonstrated team player with ability to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, implementing partners, government staff, etc.
- Well-developed and written and oral communication skills
- Advanced data analysis and presentation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience in database management,
- Experience in training and capacity building using adult learning methods,
- Experience in data analysis and presenting statistical reports for different audiences
- Keen to maintain data security and data quality systems
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with implementing partners
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS STANDARDS: MS/MA/MPH in biostatistics, public health, social science or a related field with 3-5 years’ relevant experience or BS/BA in relevant field with at least 5-7 years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation. Computer proficiency in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, Power Point including advanced skills in at least two of the following programs: SPSS, Excel, Stata, and Ms Access. Demonstrated experience with the Ministry of Health Management Information Systems and ability to transfer knowledge through informal and formal training