myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro’s founder and CEO here.
About the Mobile Application role
The Mobile Application Developer is a member of the global Product team and will be based in Mali. The Mobile Application Developer will develop key components of myAgro’s game-changing digital layaway platform, which will have global reach. An important responsibility of this role will be to develop and improve Android applications such as Commcare applications, USSD/SMS, as well as integrations with other systems and platforms such as Salesforce. You will also be supporting field operations and programs directly – this includes ensuring adequate support, fixing bugs, testing applications, and training of programs staff on product. You will work collaboratively with a technology team based around the world. This position reports to the VP of Product, who based in Seattle, WA.
- Application Development: Design and build applications for field operations. This includes CommCare applications, custom Android applications, and integrations with other systems and platforms. This includes working on designing elegant user interfaces, writing high quality code, ensuring cross-system functionality and playing a key role on innovating to ensure myAgro has the best tools to do our work
- Support: Collaboratively troubleshoot, fix bugs and be responsive to myAgro’s ticketing platform. Solve problems quickly and communicate with related teams as needed
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Computer Technology, or related technical discipline is required
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Android application development, preferably in CommCare.
- Proven ability to work independently on important projects
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
Preferred Skills and Qualities
- Previous experience in developing complex CommCare modules
- Administration experience in Salesforce, Relational databases and (or) CRM systems
- Proven record of using Agile and/or Lean software development methodologies and Test Driven Development.
- Knowledge of QA and Automation frameworks a plus.
- Creative and versatile approach to problem-solving; solution-oriented
- Proven, strong communication skills and ability to work cross culturally
- French proficiency a plus but not required. The tech team primarily works in English
- As with any start up, flexibility, a sense of humor and an open mind are necessary
- Compensation is competitive with other social enterprises in West Africa
- Initial flight to worksite
- Excellent global health benefits
- Generous annual vacation
- French or local language lessons
- Tons of karmic good – you’ll be directly helping farming families move beyond subsistence farming!
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment