Current Hiring Practices and Trends in the Development Sector
- BY David Mackenzie
Monitor and Evaluation Program Manager will work with program staff to design program specific result frameworks, developing grant application scoring rubrics, data collection tools for site visits and data collection activities including surveys, quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis, and writing and presenting reports to internal and external stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Responsible for the implementation of Global Ministries’ monitoring and evaluation framework and learning strategies
· Develop appropriate program indicators and benchmarks
· Provide advice to staff and partner organizations on monitoring and evaluation needs, such as the identification of priorities and indicators; the design, set up and use of monitoring and evaluation systems; and the design of evaluation and learning studies
· Monitor & evaluate grants and projects
· Perform thorough analyses of data and produce reports that include statistical, narrative and graphic components as appropriate
· Design and conduct performance and impact evaluations
· Develop progress reports (quarterly, semi-annual, and annual), for Management team and Board of Directors
· Develop and present evaluation workshops at training events for grantees
· Strengthen the assessment and evaluation capabilities of program staff and grantees
· Work closely with grantees and implementing partners to ensure projects milestones are achieved.
· Support collection and documentation of success stories and lessons learned.
· Advise on development and customization of data management technology solutions.
· Masters’ degree in program evaluation, policy analysis, statistics or related social science field is required.
· 3-5 years’ experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems.
· Experience working as an internal evaluator in a nonprofit setting.
· Advanced knowledge of program evaluation principles and practices, including survey development and administration, and qualitative and quantitative research methods and analysis.
· Proficiency in MS Office applications, including highly advanced Excel skills and working knowledge of SPSS required.
· Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the proven ability to produce well-crafted reports and clearly present complex information to various audiences.
· Excellent project management skills and ability to multi-task with demonstrated attention to detail.
· Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects effectively and ability to work well under tight deadlines.
· Flexibility to adapt to changing conditions and requirement.
· Self-starter who works well independently and with little guidance.
· Experience providing training and technical assistance, as well as knowledge of adult education concepts.
· A commitment to excellence and demonstrated attention to detail.
· Ability to travel up to 40% including to very low-resource settings; willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders.