Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer to provide grants management assistance and support in compliance with DRC's and local guidelines and procedures.
About the job
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. DRC have been operational within the Rohingya response in Cox’s Bazar since November 2017, and are scaling up operations in 2018 to meet the emergency and longer-term needs of refugees and host communities. DRC currently work in the sectors of protection, site management (CCCM), shelter, WASH and longer-term support to host communities.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Conduct participatory monitoring activities with DRC beneficiaries to get information and feedback on the quality and relevance of assistance, both in the refugee camps and within the host community;
- Support the programs in refinement of data collection methodology and regular use of M&E tools and frameworks;
- Ensure high quality of data through accurate data collection, data entry and upload as well as basic analysis of information;
- Regularly undertake field monitoring visits to conduct household interviews, post-distribution monitoring, pre- and post-assessments, focus group discussions, and any required visits as planned with the PDQS or Senior Program Managers;
- Ensure timely reporting on monitoring activities in line with work plans and project timelines, coordinating closely with the Senior Grants Officer, PDQS and programme managers;
- Provide regular verbal and written feedback on field observations and monitoring findings to the PDQS and relevant programme staff;
- Work closely with programme teams to ensure that project-relevant information is shared among teams.
- Work closely with the Complaints and Response Mechanism staff.
- Support programme staff to implement accountability measures as per DRC standards.
- Other M&E activities as assigned (including support to baseline assessments, endline evaluations, etc.)
Key Deliverables: (in bullet points)
- Ensure functioning of M&E system for all projects/programs
- Routine monitoring of programs and information sharing
- Regular and timely compiling, review and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
To be successful in this role we expect the following:
- University degree in information management, social sciences, development studies or other relevant area
- Capacity to think critically and analyse quantitative and qualitative data
Experience: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience, preferably in the humanitarian sector or with social work, community development, non-governmental organizations (NGO), or civil society.
- Previous experience in either programme implementation, coordination, analysis or monitoring and evaluation essential
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working with data collection tools such as Kobo collect
Languages: Fluent spoken and written English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.