Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
FHI 360, Kathmandu, Nepal
Closing Date for Applications:
The M&E Specialist is responsible for Management Information System (MIS) and Web-based MIS- District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2) of the overall LINKAGES Nepal Project. M&E Specialist is also responsible for providing support to LINKAGES Nepal M&E Unit for monitoring of the project activities, data collection, analysis and reporting, data quality assessment (DQA), development of tools, mapping and training. M&E Specialist will support the M&E Unit to provide technical assistance (TA) for strengthening strategic information to the national HIV/AIDS program under the National Center for AIDS and STD Control (NCASC), the LINKAGES Nepal Project Country Office and implementing partner agencies (IAs); Health Management Information Systems (HMIS), District Public Health Office (DPHO) and local government.
- Develop and maintain sound off-line and on-line MIS/DHIS2 and manage a database system for LINKAGES Nepal Project.
- Upgrade data collection and reporting systems and tools including emerging needs of the project, such as project indicator forms (PIF) and DHIS2 to ensure data are regularly collected, collated and analyzed for local and global reporting requirements and the internal monitoring and reporting systems.
- Generate data and reports for LINKAGES Nepal quarterly progress report.
- Generate data and update LINKAGES Nepal INFOLINK and DASHBOARD.
- Maintain, upgrade and use Geographical Information System (GIS) within the M&E system and effectively create various types of maps to communicate and facilitate the use of M&E data.
- Build capacity of program and technical staff in efficient use of MIS including GIS application for better and focused targeting of the interventions.
- Provide support to the overall technical assistance provided to NCASC, and HMIS on national, provincial and local level M&E activities.
- Ensure regular review, analyze the program related data and inform program staff gaps/issues and for program improvement
- Support to provide M&E TA as requested by USAID collaborating partners, UN agencies and other organizations.
- Support to develop, implement and update the M&E plan, systems and framework for LINKAGES Nepal Project and its IAs that qualitatively and quantitatively measures long-term accomplishments, subproject progress, monitoring needs and all reporting requirements of LINKAGES Nepal, donors and Government of Nepal (GON) as well as the methods of data collection and data quality issues.
- Lead MIS training for IAs and provide field support to IAs for MIS training follow up.
- Support M&E related capacity-building with IAs through trainings and workshops such as carry out M&E and MIS training for IAs.
- Support the development of M&E framework including targets for each implementing partners sub-agreement
- Assist M&E unit to develop data analysis of LINKAGES Nepal Project activities for sharing with program and technical team on a regular basis based on national and regional perspectives.
- Make key program achievement related presentations jointly with Team Leader-M&E and Team Leaders during reporting out and other key program meetings.
- Develop analysis of accomplishments and progress of implementing agencies.
- Support the DQA process by carrying out field visits and by helping prepare initial reports in partnership with Program Officers.
- Lead the DQA process at LINKAGES Nepal Project Country Office for training related indicators.
- Provide support to IAs and program staff in collection. compilation and analysis of rural/municipality/VDC level data
- Document LINKAGES Nepal Project M&E tools, resources, approaches and lessons learned to disseminate with IAs, other HIV/AIDS projects, donors, GON and LINKAGES Nepal Project.
- Master’s degree in public health, social science or behavioral science or epidemiology or statistics and at least 3 years’ experience in related field or a bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience in online and offline MIS, GIS, data analysis and monitoring.
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal supervision and manage high volume work flow with multiple tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Nepali.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Strong team player, resourceful and ability to work with Nepalese and expatriates.
Travel Requirements: 10% - 25%
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.