Baytna Syria was launched in 2013 as a networking, training, and grant-making facility for Syrian civil society organizations, offering support to CSOs based inside Syria and the neighbouring countries.
Baytna Syria is seeking to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (MES) to develop & implement project monitoring and evaluation frameworks and insure adequate and timely reporting
Contract Type and Length: Long term employment
Candidate starting Date: ASAP
Job Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Job Ref: BSHR.V09.16
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Lead all monitoring and evaluation work related to the good operations of Baytna Syria 3 programs.
Develops and reviews in coordination with the ED all M&E reporting mechanisms at the organizational level
Develops and reviews in coordination with the SPM all M&E reporting mechanisms at the programmatic level. A special emphasis will be put on grants M&E reporting to ensure that the grants program is well integrated within the overall Baytna Syria M&E framework and that all grants awarded contributes to the outcomes and impact that Baytna Syria would like to realize.
Sits on the initial review committee for grants concept notes and provides recommendation for final award
Sets and reviews project reporting schedules, templates, and requirements, and provides technical guidance to the Capacity Building Officer, Grants Officer, Field Program Officers, and communication and events officers in all reporting requirements
Ensures overall coordination of donor reporting
Performs other related duties as assigned
· At least a Bachelor’s degree in engineering / statistics / business management or any other relevant field of study
· At least 3 years of professional work experience in designing and executing project management frameworks, preferably in development programmes
· Ability to work in a team and to sometimes tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
· Very good mastering of English and Arabic (both verbal and written)
· Excellent knowledge of and expertise in logframes, theory of change, monitoring and evaluation toolbox
· Ability to communicate with people outside the organisation, representing the organisation to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail
· Ability to create new ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including creative contributions
· Proficient in use of computer applications related to the tasks
· Experience of working with local NGOs, INGOs and government bodies would be an advantage.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV and cover letter via-email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 December 2016 and include the Vacancy Reference number in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted