Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: The goal of MMEMS is to make USAID/Mozambique a more effective and adaptive development organization. In support of this goal, Management Systems International's team aims to achieve three primary objectives:
- Improve the capacity of USAID /Mozambique staff to effectively manage and learn from monitoring and evaluation activities
- Monitor and enhance performance data for better evidence-based decision making
- Generate high quality evaluations and assessments for the USAID Mission in an efficient and timely manner
Please note: Only Mozambican citizens are eligible for this position.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Senior Monitoring Officer, Senior Evaluation Officer and Deputy Chief of Party, s/he will work collaboratively as part of the MMEMS team to deliver high quality M&E support to USAID/Mozambique. In support of the goal and objectives of the project the M&E specialist will assist with data collection, aggregation, analysis, reporting, M&E training, assessments and evaluations across a diverse set of programming in the health, agriculture, education and governance sectors.
- Provide support for performance monitoring design and implementation, including data collection and analysis.
- Provide expertise and support for the design and management of indicators, M&E plans, performance targets, data quality assessments, data collection and analytical tools, and reports.
- Support the creation and management of performance indicator tracking systems/ databases, such as DevResults.
- Support the inclusion of gender dimensions in all monitoring efforts.
- Support MMEMS efforts to promote opportunities for Collaboration Learning and Adapting (CLA) within USAID and with its stakeholders.
- Remain current on USG performance monitoring polices and ensure their application.
- Support M&E training and one-on-one capacity building for USAID and IP staff, as requested by the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation officers.
- Support the use of technological innovations when conducting monitoring, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
- Support the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) as a monitoring tool.
- Help organize and support M&E communities of practice with USAID.
- Support the design and implementation of evaluations carried out by the MMEMS team and its partners.
- Conduct all work professionally and ethically while collaborating effectively with MMEMS team members in a cohesive, positive working environment
- In the spirit of team collaboration, assist, with completing other tasks, in other areas to balance workloads, such as assisting with editing English documents, compiling reporting documents, etc., when needed
- A bachelor's (master's preferred) degree in the field of international relations, economics, political science, public policy, management, and/or other relevant field.
- At least five (5) years of experience working on donor-funded mechanisms,
- Experience in the design, implementation, and management of monitoring, evaluation, and performance management.
- Experience with creating and managing performance tracking systems.
- Experience leveraging performance monitoring data for the improvement of ongoing project/activity management.
- Experience in the gender dimensions of monitoring and evaluation.
- Professional working knowledge of English; fluency in Portuguese.
- Extensive experience in report writing and strong communication skills.
- Extensive experience in providing quality report and evaluation presentations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USG policies related to evaluation and performance management.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.