UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfil their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
How can you make a difference?
We are now looking for consultant who can produce digital multi-media visual content for UNICEF programme advocacy activities including public advocacy campaigns, celebrity activities, donor communication, C4D, brand building and media events. Video and audio clips and stories and still photographs will be provided to UNICEF as a result of this work. All materials produced are UNICEF property.
Key deliverables will include:
- Travel to project sites and produce audio/visual stories for documentation including identifying characters, conducting interviews, seeking proper consensus from interviewees and establishing story lines.
- Shoot high end broadcast quality video footage and images in digital format.
- Produce video shoots by identifying technical requirements, setting up interviews and producing a shot list
- Edit high end video content into short spots, news packages and documentary style content
- Produce English, Chinese and International (split audio tracks) versions
- Editb-roll footage and produce shot lists.
- Shoot, edit and caption still images.
- Produce photo essays and multi-media pieces that can be used on the website and also through social media channels.
- Document UNICEF events and activities by shooting high end images.
To qualify, you will have
Individuals undertaking the assignment must meet following requirements:
- 2 years experiences in mainland Chinese photojournalism, video journalism or similar area.
- Familiarity with child rights sensitive photography and reporting guidelines.
- Ability to prepare scripts for video and multimedia pieces and also prepare caption information.
- Ability to produce photo essays and multi-media pieces that can be used on the website and also through social media channels.
- Ability to shoot high end broadcast quality video footage in digital format.
- Ability to produce video shoots by identifying technical requirements, setting up interviews and producing a shot list.
- Ability to edit high end video content into news packages and documentary style content
- Ability to do English, Chinese and International (split audio track) versions.
- Ability to edit b-roll footage.
- Ability to produce, shoot, script, edit and package video and visual image content based on guidance and direction from UNICEF.
Individuals must have their own equipment, including
- Equipment necessary to shoot full 1080P HD video, professional quality digital photos and professional digital field sound recording
- Cameras, microphones, tapes, memory media, computer, paper, office space, telecommunication facilities.
For every Child, you demonstrate
- Respect for and adherence to UNICEF's core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, and Integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
- Interest in learning and researching, gathering comprehensive information to support decision making