For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of Assignment: Under the direct guidance SPEAR Section of UNICEF and Cabinet Division the proposed consultant will carry out the following tasks:
- Coordinate with Cabinet Division and UNICEF stakeholders to collect data and documents in order to prepare Technical Assistance Project Proforma/Proposal (TAPP)
- Prepare TAPP in line with the standard format of GoB
- Prepare estimated cost, log-frame, year-wise allocation of fund, procurement plan, human resource plan etc.
- Present and finalize the TAPP based on the inputs/feedback from concerned parties
- Assist Cabinet Division in submitting the TAPP for the approval of the Planning Commission by way of preparing notes, background papers etc.
Major Tasks and responsibilities:
- Desk review of existing documents (existing TAPP, situational analysis, NSSS of Bangladesh, CPD, Country Programme strategy, Strategy notes of other sections of UNICEF, Annual reports, evaluation reports, studies, researches, government monitoring mechanism)
- Outline TAPP content with proposed strategic results, objectives, priority interventions to be extracted from UNICEF documents
- Drafting TAPP (including estimated cost, log-frame, year-wise allocation of fund, procurement plan, human resource plan etc.) based on the findings so far and share with SPEAR Sections for inputs as per the prescribed format
- Sharing with stakeholders
- Workshop with Government and Partners
- Incorporating recommendations and fine-tuning documents with the planning sections of the government ministries
- Notes, background papers necessary to be submitted to Cabinet Division to approve the TAPP
- Notes, background papers necessary to be submitted to Cabinet Division
- Prepare response, based on comments of Planning Commission
- Documents based on comments of Planning Commission
- Final TAPP based on the comments of the Planning Commission
Master degree from a reputed national or international university in Economics, Development Economics, Public Finance, Development studies or other relevant subjects. She/he should have:
- At least 10 years' work experience in designing result-based planning and programme interventions, developing project manual, project management framework, and writing project proposals using participatory method.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct consultation with government officials and relevant individuals/organisations, good analytical and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with the TAPP drafting and approval process.
- Proven report writing skills in English.
- Additional qualification: Working experience with Cabinet Division/ Ministry of Women and Children Affairs/Ministry of Social Welfare of GoB will be considered as an asset.