SOS Children's Villages International, Juba, South Sudan
- Deliver effective programmes and services to children, youth, families and communities within the framework of the organization’s Vision, Mission & Values.
- Lead implementation of organizational strategic plan to ensure sustainable programmes that are operationally effective and guarantee quality child-care according to defined standards.
- Ensure accountability and compliance to organization policies, standards and procedures and act on agreements as guided by the regional office to ensure international strategies are implemented.
- Develop projections and annual budgets for effective and sustainable management of the organization’s financial and other resources.
- Take a lead role in fundraising and pursue government support and private sources to maximize the resource mobilisation potential in the country and beyond.
- Develop, train and retain the highly skilled teams to ensure the organization has the necessary competencies to fulfill its long-term goals and objectives.
- Lead and supervise the national and location management team.
- Represent the organization both nationally and internationally.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law, Public Policy and Social Sciences, A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- At least 10 years’ experience in developmental work at senior management and leadership positions. Senior Management experience in a corporate environment is an added advantage.
- A good understanding of child rights and child development issues.
- Experience in developing, nurturing and implementing development programmes and fundraising by establishing long-term partnerships with stakeholders who include government, bilateral donors and private sector.
- Strong influential and executive leadership style, an articulate and confident manager able to spur confidence in the organisation, working closely with the Board for governance and management
- A successful track record working with and building high-performance teams in a multi-cultural setting.
- Must have strong managerial experience and leadership abilities to handle significant number of staff and program participants.
- Must be well networked with government and other likeminded organizations in South Sudan and beyond.