Office Assistant / District Coordinator
Abt Associates, Mozambique
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Supports robust IRS campaign planning efforts, including quantification of insecticides and equipment needs; identification and recruitment of spray teams in support to the Health Center Technical Director and Community Health Association; logistical planning for IRS distribution and transportation; insecticide and equipment storage, security and environmental safety; and coordination with district level MOH counterparts.
- Provides oversight for recruitment, training, and supervision of Monitors, Pump Repairers, Spray Teams and IRS Spray Operators.
- Supervises and tracks inventory distribution and storage of materials, and works with the Logistics & Procurement Officer to procure IRS materials.
- Coordinates field-based staff, IRS implementation, and training programs.
- Supervises routine program tracking and reporting activities.
- Supervises monitoring and data collection with project M&E team.
- Ensures report writing and disseminates IRS information/results to stakeholders.
- Ensures financial and administrative systems are functioning at the district level in compliance with Abt’s procedures and the donor’s requirements
- Ensures the link between the district and AIRS 2 Project Offices in Maputo and Quelimane.
- Performs other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- The position is based at District level and requires frequent travel to field sites to support Health Area operations and activities.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Secondary School completion (minimum), or an Associate or Bachelors Degree in relevant health sector field, such as Public Health, Community Health, Entomology, Environment, or a development field (desirable).
- At least one (1) year of relevant professional work experience with significant amounts of experience directly in IRS Operations.
- Experience in regulatory and operational aspects of insecticide use and management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of direction and supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work both as a member of a team as a team leader, with the ability to accept the inputs of other team members.
- Strong management and planning skills of project tasks and budgets.
- Demonstrates leadership and team work and produces high quality work in a timely, cost effective manner and has excellent writing skills.
- Experience in working with districts and communities.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication and computer skills.
- Experience with USAID and donor projects is highly desirable.
- (1) year of experience and high school diploma OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
How To Apply: