The Office Manager role will cover administrative (including legal), financial (basic budgeting, coordination and follow up), HR and operational tasks for the UK office. The Office Manager will be the main focal point for all WATAN queries in the UK, will act as the information point and the office lead in the absence of the GM and will coordinate all administrative activities for the UK office.
The role requires strong organizational and time management skills and has a high level of responsibility. A background in the humanitarian/development sector is preferred but not essential.
Job level: Manager
Qualifications and Education Requirements: Bachelors/ Diploma in Finance/Economy or Humanity/Social Science preferred but not essential. Experience in Administration required.
General Work Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in Office, Operations Or Administrative management. In general, able to support operations by supervising, planning, organizing and implementing administrative systems. Preferably with experience in NGO management, organizational effectiveness and operations management, implementing best practices with excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management approach. Strong project management experience is essential. Good leadership and supervisory skills to motivate and inspire others in the team.
Languages: English essential, Arabic desirable
Abilities and Personal Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including, Excel, Word, Outlook etc. (understanding of Databases would be a plus)
- Good time management
- Leadership, Organization, prioritization skills
- Strong Project Management
- Risk Management
- Proven relationship building
- To undertake administrative tasks related to WATAN Foundation
- To communicate efficiently with multiple teams\employees of different backgrounds or nationalities
- To communicate efficiently and effectively with visitors, government authorities, donors and other NGOs
- To follow and track legal issues effectively
- To edit and produce documentation to a high standard
- To organize events and trainings as required in coordination with other departments
- To act as a focal point for office/departmental communication
- To manage an administrative team if required
- To show commitment to social justice and the mission of WATAN as an organization
- To demonstrate commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- To deal with mobility to meet short-deadlines
- To challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- To translate strategic direction into plans and objectives.
- To set high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals. To work extra time as needed
Administrative Office Duties
- Design and implement office policies
- Establish standards and procedures
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Control correspondences
- Review and approve supply requisitions
- Liaise with other agencies, organizations and groups
- Update organizational memberships
- Maintain office equipment
- Maintain office records and design filing systems
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and up to date
- Ensure protection and security of files and records
- Ensure personnel files are up to date and secure
- Plan and implement office systems, layout and equipment procurement
- Maintain and replenish inventory
- Maintain office efficiency
- Receive telephone calls and VIP office visitors and refer them to the appropriate source or reply personally to their queries when possible.
- Make travel arrangements, and prepare travel documentation as required for staff and WATAN visitors.
- Assist the General Manager in the preparation of administrative reports and in drafting routine correspondence and in correcting texts or data.
- Maintain WATAN petty cash budget in coordination with finance department and under supervision of WATAN financial department.
- Follow up and maintain WATAN archiving system also checking accuracy of office bill calculations
- Set up, classify and maintain financial files related to WATAN in coordination with and under supervision of WATAN accountant
- Assist in preparation of Job descriptions for new staff positions
- Advertise positions in appropriate platforms, and create recruitment schedules
- Assisting in organizing internal staff training in coordination with GM
- Tracking monthly leave balances and time sheets as required
- Coordination between staff
- To manage and supervise the UK staff team as required
- Act as Officer in Charge in the absence of the General Manager as required.
- Help in the planning and delivery of UK operations and strategy
- Assist in communications and media tasks as and when required
- Any other duties as outlined by line manager when required
This posting is for UK Nationals only or for those with permission to work in UK as the organisation cannot provide sponsorship of any kind.