Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: http://www.handicap-international.us
Present in more than 55 countries, Handicap International is composed of 2 operational directions:
Handicap International (HI) is assisting the Syria crisis affected populations in Jordan since May 2012. HI’s program aims to mitigate the impact of the current Syrian crisis on the most vulnerable Syrian and Jordanian individuals, by responding to both their basic and their specific needs. The organization specifically provides support to Persons with Injury, Persons with Disabilities, Persons with Chronic Diseases, Older Persons and other individuals at risk. Furthermore, HI provides technical support to other organizations to enhance the inclusiveness of the humanitarian response in Jordan and capacity building to rehabilitation services’ providers.
HI team is composed of about 13 expatriates and 90 national staffs and relies on a wide local network with over 25 fixed and itinerant service centers established in camps, hospitals, clinics and community centers as well as mobile teams working directly inside the communities. HI has 2 offices in the country (in Amman and Irbid).
In 2016, the strategy of intervention is articulated around 4 pillars:
The type of services provided by HI to the populations and humanitarian assistance stakeholders are the following:
• Identification, needs assessment, and referrals
• Comprehensive rehabilitation: Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Psychosocial support, Caregiver support and provision of assistive devices
• Awareness raising, training and coaching towards community members and humanitarian actors on vulnerability of persons with disabilities and their inclusion within the humanitarian response
• Capacity building of our partners
The DAH is currently defining its exit strategy in Jordan together with a continuum strategy in close collaboration with the Development Division in order to merge both humanitarian and development approaches in Jordan. A common project was agreed upon for strengthening the capacity of local stakeholders and ensuring the sustainability of rehabilitation services once DAH stops direct service provision. A smooth transition is currently being implemented between DAH and DAD to guarantee a fluid continuity of humanitarian operations wherever possible.
Based in Amman, under the direct supervision of the Head of Mission, in collaboration with the Technical Coordinator as well as the support departments coordinators and with the support of the HQ Deputy Desk Officer, you will be in charge of the:
• Implementation of DAH exit strategy and continuous support to the Development Division for the implementation of HI continuum strategy in the country;
• Coordination and supervision of the HI projects’ implementation;
• Coordination of all operational aspects related to the exit and continuum strategies in close collaboration with the Head of Mission;
• Management of operational partnerships with international and local actors to support the implementation of HI projects;
• Production of donors’ reports (intermediate and final);
• Production of regular internal reports;
• Representation of HI at national level - including liaising with Local Authorities and national and / or international humanitarian assistance stakeholders;
• Supervision and management of the team under your responsibility;
Experience & background: