The Operations Team at the Orbis headquarters office in New York
focuses on 4 major functional areas: Global Travel, Global Safety &
Security, Supply Chain & Logistics, and Local Facilities Management.
The Operations Director leads the team of 2 staff members: the Supply
Chain Function and the Travel Support Function.
As key member of the Operations Team, the Operations Manager will
manage all aspects of office facilities management for the New York
office and the effective co-ordination and operational support of travel
services to Orbis travelers worldwide. S/he will also provide
operational and back-up support to the Director of Operations on
security and risk matters.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Operations Manager reports to the Director of Operations and will
supervise the Travel Support Function. Internally, s/he liaises with
the Flying Eye (FEH) team, Programs team, the global Faculty Relations
team and Orbis departments worldwide. Externally s/he will work closely
with Orbis’s Travel Management Company and the Building Management and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Supervise the travel support position in all travel coordination
ensuring quality arrangements in accordance to Orbis’ travel policies
and continuous high level of customer service delivered to all
- Guide and mentor the travel support position in an effort to
strengthen Orbis’ travel policies and services to staff and volunteers.
- Act at the relationship manager with Orbis’ Travel Management
Company and other key partners such as hotels and nominated or preferred
airlines relevant to booking requirements.
- Back-up the travel support position in coordination of travel, where
necessary due to high volume of travel. In absence of the travel
support position, the Operations Manager will coordinate Orbis travel.
- Monitor the organization’s travel mileage programs and manage usage of points.
- Ensure the corroboration and reconciliation of monthly expense
accounts are completed in a timely manner, reporting delays to Director
- Keep informed of travel industry developments and market rates of
flights, hotel accommodation, visa processing costs and other related
- Support the Director of Operations in preparing the RFP for travel management services vendors.
- Oversee and ensure efficient delivery of the reception function,
including kitchen and office supplies coordination, mailroom duties,
shipping & handling matters, and supervision of reception staff.
- Manage all office facilities’ needs, including coordinating general
maintenance, facility upgrades, repairs and problem situations, office
furnishing, and special projects.
- Act as the relationship manager with all facilities’ vendors, overseeing quality of services provided.
- Coordinate with building managers, architects, construction
managers, and office design professionals as needed to ensure a highly
functioning office facility.
- Manage and monitor the office facilities budget and liaise with finance staff.
- Provide support to the Director of Operations on Security related projects and systems implementation.
- In the absence of the Director of Operations, the Operations Manager will:
- Be on call after hours for any security, medical, or travel related emergency.
- Monitor security developments with the support of Orbis’ security resources and advisory services.
- Administer the emergency medical and security evacuation protocol.
OTHER OPERATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide back-up and support on all operational matters where required.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in travel and/or facilities management function.
- Prior experience with multi-faceted operations & logistics is highly desirable.
- Experience supervising direct reports or has the ability to supervise.
- Proven experience working in an international organization with prior international travel experience preferred.
- Previous relationship management experience working with vendors, partners, and/or clients.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail:
ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and managing a large volume of
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work effectively and
sensitively with people of diverse national and cultural backgrounds.
- Solid communication skills: ability to interact effectively via email, on the phone, and in person.
- Able to work effectively in a team-driven and collaborative environment with a strong emphasis on accountability.
- Ability to work independently, pay careful attention to detail and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Customer service orientated
- Flexible work style with a self-starter attitude.
How to apply:
To learn more about Orbis, go to http://www.orbis.org
To apply go to: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=19177362
Orbis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global organization we welcome qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and cultures.