Position: Operations Manager
Duration: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
Reports to: Country Director, Turkey
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
· Ensure that RI Turkey Procurement follows policies and procedures that are in compliance with the RISO Procurement Manual and funding source policies,
· Participate in Procedures and requirements.
· Understand and implement donor requirements related to procurement, logistic and IT.
· Ensure that RI Turkey procurement and related policies and procedures are up-to-date and disseminated in a timely manner and that all appropriate staff are trained and competent.
· Update and contextualize the RI Turkey standards for assets/equipment to be purchased, as required.
· Oversee the stock management of pharmaceutical drugs are ensure that minimum standards are enforced in the management; inventory and transportation.
· Monitor appropriate sections of the budget(s). Review Budget vs. Actual expenditure reports and give feedback to CD, DCD and other key staff as agreed
· Review monthly Operations’ reports and give feed-back to all operations staff,
· Department Managers and other key staff as needed.
· Finalizing of Procurement Plans for all grants.
· Participate in mobilization for all new projects and project extensions.
· Ensure donor reports for assets are timely completed and submitted to the
· Finance/Program and other departments as appropriate.
· Ensure disposal of assets is reviewed annually and donor requirements followed.
· Conduct timely rollout of appropriate RI GSO initiatives and updates.
· Maintain current knowledge of and ensure compliance with local government regulations
Training & Outreach:
· Proactively develop the skills of RI staff to understand and utilize appropriate tools and services to design and implement quality programming.
· Work with field staff to identify operational needs and ensure that issues are raised with CD, DCD, Department leads and other staff, as needed, to ensure they are included in new budget development.
· Design and implement capacity-building program to strengthen the capacity of RI Turkey and field-based Supply Chain staff.
· Assist Operations team in working with program staff towards establishing procurement plans.
· Travel, depending on security situation, to provide technical support to field offices and sub-offices.
· Conduct RI Turkey operational workshops regularly/depending on the program needs.
· Practice excellent human resource management, supporting the development, promotion and retention of a motivated team of qualified and experienced staff.
· Identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled;
· Support the recruitment of all operational staff and provide day to day supervision of department.
· Provide feedback through regular performance evaluations and ensure staff is held accountable in accordance with the RI Turkey HR policies.
· Responsible for the successful rollout and maintenance of various tracking logs for RI Turkey.
· Ensure clear delineation of roles for procurement.
· Ensure the update of the pre-selected suppliers list.
· Ensure transport services are cost efficient and reliable.
· Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented.
· Ensure assets and property are effectively managed, asset list is updated regularly and assets are disposed of according to RI and/or donor regulations.
· Participate in Logistics Cluster meetings and other coordination as appropriate.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Degree or professional certification in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or related field.
· Experience working with at least two of the following donors: USAID, ECHO, BPRM, DFID and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
· At least 3 years international experience managing a large multi-site operations, preferably within an NGO setting.
· Solid knowledge and understanding of practical Supply Chain procedures and maintaining supply pipelines in areas with weak infrastructure.
· Demonstrated excellence in training and capacity-building of specialist and non-specialist staff in Supply Chain Management.
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
· Strong leadership qualities and willingness to exercise initiative.
· Ability to identify and communicate potential problems and propose solutions to the level of management and then effect change.
· Must be able to function effectively in complex work environment, set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
· Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Turkish and/or Arabic is an added advantage.
· Willingness to travel to remote field sites to provide technical support.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
ü Transparency and Accountability
ü Agility and Innovation