Performance Management Unit Advisor
Management Sciences for Health, Woerden, Netherlands
Closing Date for Applications:
The Performance Management Unit (PMU) Advisor works in a matrix structure with the PMU based in the U.S. and the Program Office in the Netherlands (NL) to support the measurement and improvement of operational processes to further enable the Partnership For Supply Chain Management (PFSCM) in meeting its program and performance mandates for clients and internally. The PMU Advisor works under the technical leadership of the PMU Unit Manager to ensure Pooled Procurement Mechanism (PPM) and other projects’ performance management is aligned with the overall PFSCM performance management strategy. The PMU Advisor is a member of the Program Office team in Project Management Office-NL ensuring that performance of all teams and projects based there achieve their performance objectives and commitments. The PMU Advisor promotes a culture of continuous improvement by refining performance monitoring and management approaches, and assisting units in revising and improving their performance management processes.
- Provides technical guidance on the development of performance management tools to coordinate and facilitate the overall performance management approach for PFSCM clients and projects.
- Develop, implement, and manage an integrated project plan to ensure that all data collection, reporting, and visualization improvement efforts meet end-user requirements, client contractual requirements and proceed on schedule.
- Manage data collection and analysis processes for regular performance internal and external reporting.
- Implements the performance management strategy for PPM and other clients working cross-functionally to respond to performance-related issues.
- Supports operational units across the office by developing, implementing and managing integrated project plans that address data and analytic requirements and help drive continuous improvement activities.
- Provides guidance to operational units across PFSCM by managing data collection, supporting root cause analysis, data reporting and presenting PPM and other projects’ performance to internal and external audiences in both written and verbal presentations
- Provides guidance towards the definition and revision of the performance management approach when needed, serving as a liaison for the supported units
- Contribute to Client Performance reports development and production
- Analyze and present data in a clear and comprehensible manner (both written and verbal). Prepare analysis for ongoing reporting and on an ad-hoc basis when issues arise or further analysis is needed.
- Coordinate the development, planning and implementation of PMU reporting dashboards using PFSCM’s Business Intelligence tool.
- Works with the Project Officer to ensure that any incidents are resolved in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of the Quality Systems Unit. S/he will also help ensure that learnings from CAPAs are incorporated into the performance management system in a timely manner.
- Ensure that relevant PMU Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions are modified in line with continuous improvements and changing client requirements. Document business processes and manage creation and maintenance of PMU SOPs, Policies and Work Instructions.
- Ensure root cause analysis is carried out according to agreed processes and document improvement areas and activities.
- Support the teams in the pro-active management of predictive performance and the development and application of tools to preempt performance shortfalls.
- Support teams in the optimal use of performance analysis tools and analysis of country specific performance.
- Prepare and present performance updates at various meetings in coordination with the management team and prepare performance summaries for action by senior managers.
- Participate in meetings with the Global Fund and other clients as needed.
- Participate and contribute to PPM and other project team meeting
- Perform other duties as requested
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree in business administration, or other relevant field
- Seven-plus years of related
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong project management background, skills, and experience, using multiple methods and tools, to ensure appropriate planning and execution of projects.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and significant experience using other data manipulation tools required.
- Knowledge of performance measures, root cause analysis and continuous improvement.
- Background, experience, or strong interest in public health and/or significant international work experience in diverse environments desired.
- Proven effective written and oral communications, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability working as part of a team, as well as independently, with a diverse set of multi-disciplinary professionals.
- English fluency required including speaking, writing, understanding, and reading with the ability to conduct business in English.
Navigating the Environment:
Perspective, Dealing with ambiguity, Organizational Agility, Political Savvy and Strategic Agility
Ensuring Delivery of Results:
Functional/Technical skills, Client Focus, Managing through systems, Managing and Measuring work, Negotiating, Information Sharing, Process Management, Priority Setting, Problem Solving and Timely Decision Making
Leading with Credibility:
Managing others: Building Effective Teams, Conflict Management, Managing Vision and Purpose, Integrity and Trust, Motivating others, Approachability and Developing direct reports and others
Core Personal Competencies:
Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Listening, Written
Core MSH competencies:
Adaptability, Communication, Problem Solving, Creativity and Innovation, Quality, Quality and Timeliness of Work, Quality of work and Team Relationships, Resource Utilization
- Availability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Keyboard use, Pulling drawers,
- Lifting papers <10lbs., etc.