Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International will be recruiting applicants for the position of Private Sector Partnership Lead within the Environment Group. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications for this position are described in the attached position description.
Winrock is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. Winrock embraces continuous quality improvement and a culture of impact, accountability and entrepreneurship.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
Winrock is seeking suitable candidates for Private Sector Partnership Lead for a Washington DC based project to mobilize investment for climate resilience in developing countries. The Partnership Lead will work closely with the Project Director to mobilize private sector investments into climate adaptation projects in Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean. The Partnership Lead must have at least 7 years of prior experience with developing partnerships with the private sector and financial service providers internationally and in developing countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
- Partner with leading private sector companies to pilot investment into resilience projects,
- Access de-risking mechanisms to overcome the main barriers limiting private investment into resilience projects,
- Enable investors to access climate funds, concessional financing, loan guarantees, and commercial financing for resilience projects,
- Facilitate resilience financing for MSMEs through partnerships with local banks,
- Encourage incorporation of resilience into sustainability goals of leading private sector companies.
- Represent Winrock at meetings and events as required,
- Provide leadership to effectively integrate strategies, approaches, and partnerships at the regional and country level,
- Identify potential new business opportunities,
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Background:
- At least 7 years of experience working with banks, impact investors, or other private sector actors on finance, public-private partnerships or other investments in agriculture, forestry, and infrastructure.
- Strong working knowledge of social finance trends, innovative deal structures and investment vehicles in global development.
- Working knowledge of climate change resilience initiatives
- Experience with US Government funded programs preferred.
- Master?s degree in finance, business, environment, natural resource management, resource economics, agriculture, or related international development field
- Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Experience working in Asia, Africa, and Latin America desirable
- Experience in impact investment, project finance and securitization, and public private partnerships.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the contract.
- Excellent management, communications and organizational skills, particularly related to managing complex institutional relationships and interactions among a variety of entities.
- Must be comfortable in high-level representational and networking role as well as interacting with local stakeholders and beneficiaries.
Other: Candidates must be fluent in English. Additional desirable languages are Spanish, French, Portuguese, and Indonesian.