Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation works to foster the growth of clean energy in the country by supporting policy initiatives in the areas of renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainable transport and climate policy. Since its inception, Shakti has developed into a trusted partner of policy makers who rely on Shakti’s input in developing key policies. Shakti is funded by global and Indian philanthropy with an interest in preventing climate change and mitigating harmful carbon emissions. Shakti has an eminent Board of Directors comprising Mr. Jamshyd Godrej, Mr. Nitin Desai, Ms. Naina Lal Kidwai, Ms. Meher Pudumjee, Mr. Suman Bery, Mr. Rajiv Lall and Mr. Krishan Dhawan. For more information, please visit our website http://www.shaktifoundation.in/
ABOUT THE JOB
Program Associate / Assistant will support Program Manager (Transport) in planning and implementing a comprehensive strategy for sustainable Transport, through research assistance, grant management and establishing network with key stakeholders working in the sector area.
- Conduct research and contribute to development and implementation of sector strategy;
- Conduct research and analysis around follow-on opportunities identified by Program Manager and those proposed by grantees, to establish their relevance;
- Develop grant summary for potential grants for discussion in weekly program meetings as per inputs from Program Manager;
- Develop presentations for external interactions (e.g. Government bodies) with inputs from Program Manager;
- Coordinate with Program Lead and prospective partners, on grant proposal development from concept stage onwards;
- Support Program Manager in diversification of portfolio by identifying new potential partners;
- Conduct research to track key sector developments, interventions of other actors to inform the Program lead about potential project opportunities.
- Facilitate completion of a strong pre-award process by completing necessary due diligence processes;
- Develop evaluation notes based on qualitative analysis of submitted proposals;
- Interact and coordinate with partners to track grant progress;
- Review grant deliverables, and offer comments and feedback;
- Support Program Lead and Grants Coordinator to ensure adherence to reporting and payment schedules;
- Ensure all technical, financial and supporting documents are in place;
- Support Senior Grants Coordinator to upload and manage all documents on FLUXX (online grant support system).
- Draft Application Summaries, Memos and other Board Book related Communication materials in a timely manner;
- Provide programmatic inputs to Communications for brochures, newsletter and website;
- Support Program Lead in preparation of communication materials e.g. thematic presentations and narratives for external stakeholders (Industry partners, Donors etc)
- Respond to program related queries from other functions within Shakti and external stakeholders;
- Support Program Lead in completing fundraising efforts through background research and drafting concept notes / proposals.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- Post Graduate qualification in Architecture / Transport Planning / Urban Planning or related stream from a reputed University / Institute;
- 2 – 4 years’ experience, preferably in Transport / Urban Planning area;
- Knowledge of transport policies, regulations, and programs at state and national level;
- Analytical thinking and research orientated;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to effectively interact and coordinate with external stakeholders;
- Excellent planning and organizing skills;
- Teamwork and collaboration;
- Drive, Commitment and Ownership;
Selected candidate will be expected to start at the earliest.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation offers an enabling work environment and a 5- day working week. In addition to competitive salary, Shakti offers a range of benefits including health insurance, personal accident insurance, gratuity, paid holidays, and ample opportunities for learning and development.
- Statement of Suitability (not to exceed one A4 size page) setting out why you think you are a suitable candidate for this position. Your statement should include suitable examples how you meet the key requirements of this position.
- Applications received without statement of suitability will not be accepted;
- Mention “Program Associate / Assistant (Sustainable Transport)” in the subject line of your e-mail;
- Last date for receiving applications is 3rd March 2017;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.