International Foundation for Electoral Systems, Kathmandu, Nepal
Closing Date for Applications:
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES), is an international NGO that supports the building of democratic societies around the world. IFES provides technical assistance to the electoral cycle to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil society, governance and transparency. IFES is seeking applications from highly qualified, dynamic and competent candidates for the following consultancies:
Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director, the Legal Associate will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the development of guidance for election-related legislation, regulations and procedures drawing upon international and national resources and best practices;
- Monitor, analyze and report on the implementation of the legal framework for elections;
- Support in organizing legal consultations and dialogue with diverse electoral stakeholders;
- Track and analyze changes to Nepal’s electoral legal framework over time;
- Translate legal documents from Nepali to English and English to Nepali;
- Provide day-to-day administrative and training support for IFES activities related to the electoral legal framework including campaign finance and election dispute resolution
- Assist in the management of training logistics, prepare event/training reports and drafting of election laws;
- Carry out other tasks as identified and requested by the Deputy Country Director and other staff.
- Bachelor level qualification in law or relevant field.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience in law, governance or legal translation preferred
- Fluency in English and Nepali, both written and verbal; ability to type in Nepali strongly preferred.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point etc).
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Detailed oriented and organized.
- Collaborative, team oriented individual who is willing and capable of working independently where necessary.
- Ability to prioritize, take direction, and handle varied tasks within deadlines.