Purpose of the position:
The Programme Advisor’s job is to ensure a high quality programme design and implementation and productive collaboration with key stakeholders. The Programme Advisor will provide major input into the development of programmes, proposals and monitoring frameworks and project reporting.
The Programme Advisor is a member of the national Management Team and reports to the Country Director of Burundi.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support programme staff in the formulation and implementation of 3-year programme plans for the integrated and multi-sectoral development of specific geographic areas of intervention.
- Advice the Programme Managers (PGM) on maintaining the quality of programme implementation of all ZOA programmes through field visits, the formulation and supervision of assessments as well as standard monitoring and evaluation.
- Assist in formulating needs assessment and evaluation for projects and analyse the data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ensure that that all projects are designed to have a positive and sustainable impact on the population by supporting a stakeholder centred approach.
- Maintain close contact with donors and pursue potential donors in coordination with the Country Director.
- In collaboration with PGMs and the CD, formulate and follow-up relevant donor proposals in line with the agreed programme plans and country annual plan.
- Provide advice and feedback on the quality of quarterly and annual plans and reports from the various programmes and support the PGMs and Country Director in the production of timely
- reports and plans.
- Provide additional project support as requested by PGMs and Country Director.
- Provide programmatic support to partner NGOs and other partner organisations.
- Provide input for ZOA worldwide knowledge development.
- Represent ZOA in sectoral meetings.
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA.
- The candidate is expected to support the vision and mission of ZOA.
Knowledge / Experience
- Bachelor degree in a humanitarian, development or other relevant field.
- At least three years field experience in a development country.
- Good command of French and English.
- Research and analysis skills.
- Relevant experience with Project Cycle Management, including formulation, budgeting, report and proposal writing, monitoring & evaluation.
- Preferably an expertise in agriculture, food security, peace building or WASH.
Skills / Attitude
- Strong project formulation and writing skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team.
- Result-oriented approach.
- Intercultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work under stressful and potential insecure conditions.
ZOA offers a challenging job, within an inspiring and motivated team in the programme country. ZOA provides for good benefits and remuneration. For more information about our organisation please visit our website.
Special conditions and circumstances:
- This job contains frequent travelling.
- This is a non-family duty station.
Please include the contact details of references to previous positions held not older than five years.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can email Mrs. Charity van Bemmel, HR Officer, at email@example.com.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via our website.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated. Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application.