International labour organisation(ILO), Abuja, Nigeria
Closing Date for Applications:
- Provide technical assistance and support the formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Decent Work Country Programmes (DWCP) in the countries covered by CO-Abuja.
- Support technical preparation for the organization of outcome-based workplan (OBW) reviews.
- Assist in the analysis of proposals and use of resources of the regular budget, regular budget supplementary account (RBSA), programme support income (PSI) and other special allocations, in alignment with the ILO policy and programme priorities.
- Assess budget situations (regular budget and other resources) and recommend programme allocation changes and changes in programme or project proposals.
- Provide technical support for the CO-Abuja's participation in the exercises of the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) for the countries concerned.
- Support the development of joint programmes within the United Nations system to promote the Decent Work Agenda.
- Support resource mobilization for technical cooperation projects and programmes for the implementation of DWCPs, including mapping multilateral and bilateral donors and participating in the development of a resource mobilization strategy for CO-Abuja.
- Identify emerging programmes, propose solutions and liaise with relevant departments at headquarters and at the regional office, executing agencies, governments, social partners and other stakeholders to ensure implementation and to meet targets.
- Ensure that gender-related aspects are taken into consideration in the planning, implementation and evaluation of projects.
- Prepare briefs, periodical reports and statistical data on the activities of CO-Abuja.
These specific duties are aligned with the relevant ILO generic job description, which includes the following generic duties:
- Plan and conduct analyses of specific programme proposals and activities to ensure conformity with the Organization's programme and budgetary objectives.
- Provide information on programme priorities, assist technical programmes with the preparation of programme proposals, analyse and comment on proposals to serve as a basis for decision-making, discuss proposals with programme managers and finalize texts.
- Examine programme and budget proposals, and evaluate priorities in accordance with overall programme and budgetary objectives as well as long-term planning. Draft reports based on these analyses with recommendations for acceptance or revision of budget proposals.
- Monitor the implementation of approved programmes, propose changes to priorities, approach and allocation of resources. Evaluate and recommend approval of programme changes. Participate in resources adjustment and review exercises.
- Contribute to the preparation of programme implementation and activity reports, Governing Body reports and long-term plans on the basis of contributions from technical programmes.
- Participate in in-depth studies of long-term policy issues by collecting and analysing data. Organize and conduct briefings.
- Participate in training seminars and workshops as a resource person, and represent the unit at meetings and workshops.
- May supervise junior programme and general service staff.
- Advanced university degree, or a first level degree and a recognized professional qualification, in economics, business or public administration, social sciences or other related fields.
- Five years of professional experience in programme management at the national level, or three years at the international level.
- Excellent command of one working language (English) and good knowledge of a second (French).