UNICEF, Maputo, Mozambique
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support to programme development, planning and execution. Researches, analyzes, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations; Drafts project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements; Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary; Monitors and tracks the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
- Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results. Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results; Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Support in resource mobilization. Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential); Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds; Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
- Support in Knowledge Management and capacity building. Researches, analyzes, verifies and synthesizes information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building; Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to program processes and procedures which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Education: Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- Work experience: At least six years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience are required.
- Languages: Fluency in Portuguese and English
- Values and Competencies: Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity, Communication, Working with People, Drive for Results, Analyzing, Applying Technical Expertise, Following instructions and Procedures, Planning and Organizing.
How To Apply: