If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Support to programme development, planning and execution.
- Compiles data and information on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Prepares and maintains records pertaining to programme planning and development for his/her respective section.
- Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Arranges meetings, workshops and training courses pertaining to programme development, and provides support in making the necessary logistical arrangements.
- Following up both internally with the Supply section and externally with counterparts to ensure supplies for programme implementation are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
- Provides support on budget revision/preparation, implementation status, determination position of funding utilization, operational, and financial closure.
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation.
Support in resource mobilization
- Compiles and organizes information and data pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
- Compiles and organizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
- Supports the processing of contracts for consultants and external partners pertaining to the section.
Support in Knowledge Management and capacity building
- Gathers and shares information as needed in support of improving the processes and daily operations of the section.
- Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by drafting necessary correspondence, compiling data reports and maintaining relevant records.
Qualifications and Competencies of Successful Candidate
Education: Completion of tertiary education; Specialized courses in Finance and Accounting or other related field from recognized institutions is an asset
Work Experience: At least four years of work experience of which two years are related to Finance/Accounting field
Languages: Fluency in English and Filipino, both oral and written, and the local working language of the duty station
Competency Profile (For details, please refer to UNICEF Professional Competency Profiles)
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Communication [ I ]
- Working with People [ II ]
- Drive for Results [ I ]
- Analyzing (I)
- Learning & Researching (I)
- Planning and Organizing (I)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (I)