What to do if you missed a phone call from your prospective employer?
- BY Amber Wilson
About Population Foundation of India (PFI)
The Population Foundation of India (PFI) is a national non-government organization at the forefront of policy advocacy and research on population, health and development issues in the country. Today, PFI leads advocacy efforts and works as a think-tank dedicated to promoting and advocating effective formulation and implementation of gender sensitive population, health and development policies, strategies, and programmes in the country.
Duration: Till March 31, 2018, and will be extended on an annual basis subject to donor approval
Reports to: Senior Program Manager – Community Action for Health and Scaling Up
Community Action for Health is a component of the National Health Mission (NHM).The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) constituted the Advisory Group on Community Action (AGCA) to provide guidance on community action initiatives under the National Rural Health Mission at the national level in 2005. The AGCA comprises eminent public health experts in the country. The Population Foundation of India hosts the Secretariat for the AGCA.
With support from the MoHFW, the AGCA guided the implementation of a pilot in 36 districts across 9 states between 2007- 2009. Subsequently, the AGCA provided technical support to the State Governments in strengthening and scaling up implementation of community action for health processes.
The Programme Manager is part of a national team, which is currently providing support to 25 states across the country. The technical assistance grant is supported by the MoHFW. Details of AGCAs work is available on our website.
The incumbent will be responsible for overall implementation of the technical support to 4-5 states, working under the guidance of the AGCA members and PFIs Core Team. She/ He will work in close coordination with the State Mission Directors, State NHM Nodal Officers (managing the community processes portfolio), State Training Institutions, Nodal NGOs and other strategic partners. In addition, the incumbent will contribute to the national efforts.
1. Facilitate state level visioning and planning exercises to develop plans to strengthen and scale up implementation of community action for health.
2. Build capacities of state-level officials and institutions; especially develop a pool of master trainers who will in turn support implementation of processes in the districts.
3. Mentor implementation of processes and create avenues for sharing and collaboration among programme implementers.
4. Guide states on adaptation of guidelines, training manuals, monitoring tools and communication materials.
5. Identify, document and disseminate innovations and good practices on community action.
6. Undertake periodic implementation reviews, share key lessons and challenges with the State NHM teams and Nodal NGOs.
7. Support states initiate and strengthen grievance redressal and accountability mechanisms such as seeking client feedback on health services, public display of health service guarantees and
citizen’s health rights charters.
8. Contribute to national level efforts such as preparation of program updates, development of resource materials, documentation, and management of MIS etc.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
Master’s degree in social science or management.
A minimum of 5-6 years of experience in managing health and nutrition programmes, of which, at least 2 years are in managing a field based programmes. Prior experience of working with the
government is essential, especially at the state level. Experience of working in a Technical Support Unit is highly desirable.
The position will entail 30-40% travel time to the states.
Compensation package offer will commensurate with qualification and experiences.
How to Apply
Please send your updated CV with a covering letter describing your suitability for the position to email@example.com latest by December 26, 2016. Please mention the position
“Programme Manager - AGCA” in the subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.