International Organization for Migration, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
Skills and Migration is a growing focus area for new projects globally, and Bangladesh is at the centre of this development with most of the labour migrants still falling in the low to unskilled categories. A wide variety of programmes funded by bilateral and multilateral donors is already underway in Bangladesh to address the national skills gap to increase productivity and employability of the population. However these initiatives tend to focus on the national market and only include international migration and the need to international recognition of the skills qualifications system in the most cursory manner.
IOM in Bangladesh is in the forefront of advocating for the inclusion of Labour Migration in the skills ecosystem and to this end has launched several new partnerships with International Labour Organization, the World Bank and Asian Development Bank, to name a few.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Manager and the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission of IOM Bangladesh, the successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and management of the Skills Programme in IOM Bangladesh, and strengthening the partnership with International Labour Organization (ILO), as well as other traditional donors in the Skills space, such as Swiss Development Cooperation (SDC) and Global Aid Canada.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Supervise and manage the timely and efficient implementation of the programmatic, administrative and operational activities of the assigned projects (Skills, Korean Telecom (KT), and Andaman Sea Reintegration).
- Ensure all the project related data is maintained properly with inclusion of programme activities and ensure the quality of the final project reports.
- Ensure project narrative and financial (in coordination with the RMO) reports are prepared and submitted to the donor on timely manner.
- Ensure that strong donor liaison takes place, both in terms of supporting the relationship with existing donors, as well as building new relationships to support the project expansion.
- Maintain strong coordination among all relevant stakeholders (Government of Bangladesh (GoB), UN, INGOs and NGOs) for smooth project operations across the Board of IOMs operations.
- Oversee the preparation of Mission related information materials, mission reports and other promotional/visibility materials.
- Support the Consultants / Business Development Specialists in identifying business development opportunities and brand building initiatives for the project.
- Monitor project progress according to project work plan and facilitate the submission of project progress report to donors.
- In coordination with the Resources Management Officer monitor project expenditures and assist in preparation of the financial reports.
- Work with the team in development of new project/programme ideas and proposals for the Mission’s engagement.
- Prepare case stories and other similar documents in line with assigned responsibilities.
- Undertake duty travel related to programme assessment, liaison with counterparts, problem solving and new programme developments, as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, English, Communications or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.