Who We Are:
Montrose is a growing international development company with a Head Office in the UK, and regional offices in Uganda and Myanmar. We work throughout Africa and Asia-Pacific delivering health, education and income generation projects for aid agencies such as the UK Government’s DFID and UNICEF, and private company clients.
What We Are Looking For:
We require an ambitious and dynamic manager to take on the new role of Programme Manager Asia-Pacific. You will head up the Montrose Asia-Pacific Regional Office in Yangon, Myanmar, established in 2014. You will support the company’s growth in Myanmar and across the region within the international development sector. You will be a core member of Montrose management, working closely with our Senior Management Team in Africa and the UK, and overseeing programmes and staff in Myanmar and the Asia-Pacific region.
We are looking for an individual who has the energy, drive, enthusiasm, and bright ideas to lead a relatively small new team in Yangon to grow Montrose’s services and image in Myanmar and Asia-Pacific more broadly, with both aid agency and private sector clients. You will have development project management experience, be highly organised, have excellent people skills, be able to work hard and independently, and be an enthusiastic representative and networker for innovative development solutions amongst all types of client – public and private. The role offers exciting opportunities for travel within Myanmar and the Asia-Pacific Region.
- Representation and Business Development: you will head the Montrose office in Yangon, represent Montrose externally, and drive new business in Asia-Pacific. Specific duties will include:
- Identify and maintain strong networks in the aid and private sectors in Myanmar and regionally
- Track and identify opportunities, and following up potential leads within Myanmar and the region as agreed with the Business Development Director
- Undertake research on potential and existing clients, sectors and opportunities
- Draft, review, and/or edit components of proposals as required, including providing technical inputs where possible, and other relevant documentation
- Support identification of consultants for bids
- Support the Montrose’s achievements to all stakeholders
You will be supported by, and work closely with the Business Development Director.
• Programme Management: you will ensure high quality delivery of Montrose’s programme portfolio in Myanmar and Asia-Pacific, overseeing a relatively small and new team. Specific duties will include:
- Manage existing and new projects using a combination of creative thinking and Montrose project management tools
- Identify opportunities to improve project implementation and proactively identify potential gaps
- Draft, review and proofread technical and programme delivery reports
- Identify opportunities to contribute technically to design and delivery of projects
- Proactively establish new relationships, as well as maintain existing networks, with clients and strategic partners in government, civil society, other aid agencies, and industry
- Where applicable represent Montrose on working groups to support the achievement of project goals
- Manage consultants and subcontractors, and ensure compliance with Montrose and client deliverables and expectations
- Supervise, mentor and quality assure work of junior project management team personnel as required
- You will be supported by, and work closely with the Programmes Director.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in a social science, humanities, or international development related subject
- Excellent English language communication skills; excellent attention to detail in writing and editing
- Excellent organisational abilities; strong time management skills
- International development project management experience; team management experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Energy, enthusiasm, desire to learn and take on new challenges, desire to play a part in growing an innovative and dynamic international development sector business
- Able to work and reside in Myanmar; desire for exciting travel within Myanmar and other developing countries in Asia-Pacific
- Familiarity with key Montrose clients including UK DFID, Australian DFAT, UNICEF, World Bank Group, and international energy, mining, agribusiness, and manufacturing companies
- Familiarity with aid industry procurement and tender processes
- Familiarity with marketing, social media, and other business development skills
- Myanmar language skills an added bonus