Programme Manager - Research
Landesa, Lucknow, India
Job Summary: To support RDI in identifying, designing, implementing and reporting on its research portfolio. Responsible to strengthen the research function by continuously evaluating and reporting on its methodology, practices and appropriately disseminating results.
Reporting relationship: In the national office the position reports to Director Research. In state offices it reports to the State Director with a dotted reporting line to Director Research.
Availability: RDI follows a work week of 40 hours. Staff may be required to work extended hours in case of exigencies. The position requires extensive travel within the state and outside.
- Leads on specific research projects and/or research components consistent with RDI's strategic objectives.
- Design research proposals, tools and techniques and its administration, monitoring and quality control.
- Identify and recommend new areas for research in consultation with partners.
- Responsible for dissemination of research findings in various forms and forums
- Design ways and methods to integrate research findings and learning into other programmes.
- Responsible for initiating public debate and discourse on specific land and related issues to build public opinion on designing progressive policy.
- Relationship building and networking with government, resource agencies, academia and legal/revenue experts to achieve the objective of securing land to the landless.
- Represent RDI in various forums, workshops, conferences, training to spread and strengthen its focus and approaches.
- Take up other responsibility as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of research methodology, various research tools and techniques including use of logic model.
- Proficiency in use of MS Office.
- Ability to define objectives, develop and manage budgets
- Ability to work collaboratively with range of people at all levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and writing and proficiency in English and vernacular language.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and fixing priorities for multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to lead, motivate, direct and mentor groups and individuals.
- Gender sensitivity and commitment to promote gender equity.
- Commitment to the mission of a better, safer future for the world's poorest people, especially women, through land ownership and secure land rights.
Education and Experience:
- Post Graduate or professional degree in a relevant field (social science, rural development and management, etc.)
- Special diploma or formal training in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Minimum 7 years of research related work experience is essential. Additional experience on policy advocacy and land programme implementation is highly desirable.