Programme Officer-Fundraising & Donor Servicing
Sasakawa India Leprosy Foundation, New Delhi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
Role: The candidate will provide support to the Fundraising Team in raising resources, ensuring adherence to donor guidelines and policies, tracking expenditure and income data and liaising with donors.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Scan for potential opportunities for funding: Identify potential donors, and analyze their priority/criteria for specific programs through web-search, newspaper and other mediums.
- Setting up meetings with potential/existing donors & tracking follow-ups
- Proposal Budget Development/Revisions:
- Assist in program specific research for developing proposals
- Prepare and provide support, where required, in the development of new programme proposals – narrative and financial.
- Ensuring compliance with donor guidelines/formats/standard guidelines
MIS Development and data analysis:
- Assist in primary and secondary research that includes designing/customizing formats, data collection, compilation and analysis of data
- Track grants from time to time to ensure timely completion and quality reporting Timely alerts on any underspent on grants.
- Ensure support on MIS development and maintenance to track the cash flow for all grants to ensure continuous and timely fund request to donors.
- Assist in necessary documentation for high-valued grants/high-risk donors or whenever requested.
- Analysis of budget versus spent of donor grants on a regular basis.
- Other theme based or donor based analysis of data.
- Assist in various documentation like project reports, case studies (as per grant/donor requirement)
- Ensure timely submission of donor reports meeting donor compliance, maintaining high quality of the reports confirming to donor formats; timely responses to donor queries and sharing of information with the program team.
- Run online campaigns in crowdfunding (fundraising) and social media (awareness)
- Others: Besides these activities, candidates should be willing to work beyond their role, if required.
Core Competencies & Qualifications
- Knowledge of the Development Sector
- Conceptually clear and analytical ability to infer results from presented data
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience in literature review and writing project reports
- Good reporting and presentation skills.
- Budgetary and financial reporting skills
- Understanding of donor compliance
- Good administration skills and ability to multi-task.
- Good time management and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Post Graduate in the field of Social Work or related stream
- At least 3-4 years of relevant work experience
- Advance IT skills: knowledge and experience of MS Office packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint are critical)