Programme Officer & Resource Person – Decentralisation Community (Open to Indian Nationals Only)
United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), New Delhi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
The Programme Officer & Resource Person is expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Analyses political, social and economic trends and provides support in formulation management and evaluation of programme activities within his/her portfolio the field of democratic governance;
- Provision of inputs to higher level for top quality policy advice services to the Government and facilitation of knowledge building and management;
- Preparation of substantive inputs to UNDP Country Programme Action Plan (CPAP) and other documents;
- Explore and create new partnership with donors, CSOs, Private Sector, and research institutions;
- Development of partnership with UN Agencies, IFI’s government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society in the specific thematic areas based on strategic goals of UNDP, country needs and donor’s priorities;
- Anchors membership growth and diversification of the Decentralisation “Community of Practice”. Makes efforts to include grassroots practitioners in knowledge sharing;
- Manages workshops to strengthen Community identity; represents Solution Exchange in Community events;
- Facilitates knowledge sharing among members.Enables and encourages practitioners to raise problems and share experiences.Moderates messages;
- Facilitates electronic discussions;
- Ensures the quality of material posted on the Decentralisation Community mail groups and websites (Consolidated Replies, e-discussion summaries, Updates, Newsletters etc.);
- Supervises the Research Associate’s work; consults with relevant Facilitating Agency staff; Finalizes and issues material;
- Promotes collaboration amongst members.Facilitates Action Groups’ (collaborative efforts amongst members) development, progress and results’ dissemination.Manages collaborations with other India based networks on Decentralisation issues;
- Works with UN Agencies’ staff on Decentralisation related programming issues;
- Supports the development of new Solution Exchange activities, and methodologies;
- Participates in Solution Exchange collective activities and collaborative initiatives; promotes team-building.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Development Studies, Rural Development, Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Rights, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or Governance related field.
- 7-9 years of relevant post Master’s experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects in the field of decentralized governance and public administration is preferable (minimum of 3 years relevant experience);
- Experience in effective use of information technology tools is important;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English;
- Working knowledge of Hindi and/or any other Indian language is desirable.