The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation. The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Global Programming Group develops the official agendas of the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland, and the Annual Meeting of the New Champions in the People's Republic of China, which gather world leaders from business, politics, the media and civil society to address the most relevant and pressing challenges on the global, regional and industry agendas.
As a Programme Specialist, you will be responsible for assisting Programme Leads in the design, development and delivery of the Annual Meeting and the Annual Meeting of the New Champions that is insightful, innovative and inspiring for an audience of leaders and decision-makers from the public and private sectors. Among others, you will carry out a background research on a range of current issues and experts; organize preparatory meetings and brainstormings with internal and external stakeholder groups; monitor and integrate expert input from our Global Future Councils; work closely with senior staff on the design of interactive sessions, workshops and other innovative formats; liaise with external constituents on the content and structure of their sessions; coordinate on a day-to-day basis the exchange between our Geneva, New York, San Francisco and Beijing offices; and assume on-site responsibility during our global events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Issue curation: Support the curation of China/Asia-related sessions at our global events that provide key insights from and about diverse fields, and help raise participants' awareness about the role of China/Asia in understanding and addressing global issues – involves tracking developments across all China/Asia issues and contributing to the Forum's knowledge management systems
- Expert engagement: Support the identification of leading experts and academia leaders of major institutions in the region and their engagement and preparation in the Forum's global meetings – entails effective communications and coordinating briefing meetings in the run-up to the event, as well as all necessary support during the event
- Production, design and facilitation: Meet deadlines and milestones to carry successful China/Asia-related programming from design to delivery, including speaker briefings and on-site session management, and to actively seek opportunities in session design innovations
- Digital interaction: Demonstrate a level of excellence in using digital platforms and social media tools for programme design and delivery
- Team collaboration: Collaborate across portfolios and support other team members across the Programme Development team
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify, evaluate, synthesize and communicate issues related to the political economy, business landscape, technology and innovation agenda of China and East Asia
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, fluent in Chinese and English (written and spoken)
- A master's degree in business, economics or related field
- One to three years of relevant work experience
- Ability to prioritize effectively under pressure and multitask in a time-efficient manner
- Demonstrated service attitude and ability to work in a lateral way, collaborating across portfolios and with people who have different functions, expertise and cultural backgrounds
If you are a flexible and service-oriented team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, willing to work in a highly demanding environment and ready to juggle multiple priorities, please apply online.