Programme Technical Manager - Disaster Response Management
Plan International, Tacloban City, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Programme Technical Manager has the thematic expertise in Disaster Risk Management and leads all related technical business development and ensures implementation with frequent field deployment.
- S/he will be responsible for providing timely and on-going support to ensure technical soundness at all levels of the programme cycle across Plan Philippines – from proposal development, start-up and implementation management, and monitoring and evaluation, as well as overall country programme strategy.
- S/he will influence Plan decision makers such as program managers and country office staff on disaster risk management issues; and will closely coordinate with other departments as needed.
- This role will be based in Tacloban City, Philippines.
Some of the other hey responsibilities are:
- directly manage or support the implementation of the country disaster risk management programme and individual projects within it;
- lead or support the Plan Philippines emergency response to natural and man-made disasters, including short and longer-term deployment;
- conduct field visits and provide technical recommendations in close coordination with the relevant managers, and;
- build relationships and collaborate with partners at the national and regional levels to ensure knowledge sharing, learning and complementation of resources.
- University degree that is relevant to the role.
- Has a minimum of six years' work experience in development or humanitarian work in a technical capacity on disaster risk management or related field.
- Has relevant experience and training in rights-based approach to development, project proposal development, project management, humanitarian response, and training design.
- Has expert knowledge on resource mobilization, including proposal design, logical framework and overall project cycle.
- Is highly knowledgeable and experienced in disaster risk management related aspects of disaster response and recovery, humanitarian context and core humanitarian standards.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will only contact short-listed candidates for further screening.
How To Apply: