The Project Coordinator II is responsible to contribute to the planning and development and implementation of approved and typically mid-size project efforts. They develop, establish and maintain project management standards and procedures. They are responsible for developing the project scope, defining project guidelines, obtaining business sponsor approvals and coordinating the resources necessary to successfully complete the project.
This includes providing project support in the coordination, monitoring, reporting, and documentation of initiatives supported by the Child Sponsorship Operations and Global Services (CSO&GS). This involves working with key people from the Sponsorship team, Regional Offices, National Offices, and Support Offices in order to achieve project objectives. It will provide centralized coordination to achieve the objectives of multiple projects and initiatives of the team.
It will have supervisory responsibility over at least three or more Project Assistants.
Project planning, budget planning, resource management, conflict/problem identification, risk management and communication:
- Contributes to ensuring that the project, product or service is delivered within scope, time and budget. Contributes to the overall success of the portfolio and program objectives of the team.
- Monitor, track, and report the status and deliverables of simultaneous initiatives and projects against plans and schedules.
- Coordinate with other staff and teams to obtain information or to accomplish tasks needed to meet project requirements. Coordinate and execute project-related face-to-face or online meetings or forums.
- Follow-up and track responses and submissions of required project documents.
- Identifies and assess business risks; propose mitigation plans; identify, track and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Responsible to work with other stakeholders to resolve issues around project budget, resources, conflicting priorities, schedules, etc.
- Maintain and update project plans and monitoring tools.
- Maintain project web pages/sites through timely content uploading of online resources, reports and other relevant information.
- Defines project resource requirements and helps to acquire project resources if needed.
- Assigns tasks and supervise at least three or more Project Assistants.
- Assist in writing project reports.
- Assist in coordinating with business or project sponsor for any project adjustments, changes or revisions.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Management or related field.
- Diploma or course in Project Management, Management or related field.
- 3 to 5 year experience in project management or coordination or related role in a multi-national or INGO.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A broad understanding of non-profit operations. Commitment to World Vision´s objectives, ethos, core ministries, Mission Statement and Core Values is mandatory.
- In-depth knowledge and skills in planning and project management. Use of generally accepted project management tools.
- Proven knowledge of project management, including 2 or more years managing projects.
- Diploma or certification in project management desired.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving and time management skills. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation and administrative abilities. Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.