Save the Children UK, London, United Kingdom
Currently hosted by Save the Children, the Start Network is planning to become a fully independent entity. It has a vision that the humanitarian sector can change to become more diverse, decentralised and collaborative, and as such is currently working on four key areas: Start Fund (for financing emergency responses), Start Engage (for strengthening civil society capacity), Start Labs (for experimentation, rapid prototyping and learning) and Start Response (for more adaptive, decentralised and collaborative humanitarian responses). Comprising of thousands of partner agencies and with a staff of a quarter of a million working in 200 countries and territories, the Network’s reach is huge.
As Project Manager you will oversee the execution of the project to transform the Start Network Team into an independent international charity that will service the Start Network and manage the day to day operational delivery of the project. In addition you will:
- Oversee the final stages of Project Planning, completing the draft work plan for the spin off with actions, timelines and responsibilities
- Act as the focal point for internal and external communications about the spin off and manging relationships with external suppliers as necessary
- Manage the execution of the project plan including working closely with the Operations Director who will set out the strategic direction of the project.
- To be successful you will have excellent project management skills and a track record of success in delivering projects to the required timescale, budget scope and quality.
- With integrity, tact and discretion, you will have expert knowledge of all aspects of quantitative project and risk management techniques, PERT planning, variance and trend analysis.
In addition you will have:
- Strong communication skills and good attention to detail
- Experience of preparing briefing papers and/or discussion documents
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify key points from complex material and multiple information sources
- Excellent presentation skills, both oral and written with the ability to enthusiastically promote and express ideas clearly
- The ability to deliver projects with minimal supervision whilst being assertive and confident.