About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Project Manager.
This position is responsible for managing all components of a new drug introduction program in select sites in China. Position location is Beijing.
S/he will assist a central coordinating team and project sites in the coordination of all activities as required for the successful implementation of the project, while serving as the principal administrative liaison to develop and maintain record keeping systems, and serve to support day to day management of the project.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Manages a new drug introduction program and maintains cross functional project timelines in partnership with FHI 360 team and collaborating agencies.
- Establishes good relationship with collaborating agencies.
- Partners with collaborating agencies to troubleshoot site specific operational issues.
- Drafts and coordinates review of relevant documents including work plans, progress reports, and site visit reports.
- Acquires and maintains an in-depth knowledge of the project and assists other project staff to obtain this knowledge.
- Assists in determining the activities to support the project's priorities.
- May be asked to train the staff of collaborating agencies on project requirements.
- Conducts site monitoring visits as required.
- May serve as a resource for others within the organization for project management expertise.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in the life sciences industry and a Bachelor's degree in Health, Behavioral, Life or Social Sciences or other field related to international/ human development.
- Must have 5 year project management experience.
- Demonstrated project management skills adequate to manage the entire process of a health-related project.
- Ability to identify issues and adapt to changes.
- Ability to incorporate project logistics and planning to accomplish.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Excellent teamwork, verbal and written communication, decision-making and organizational skills are required.
- Bilingual- Chinese/English mandatory.