Project Manager II
FHI 360, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Plans, executes, and finalizes projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. Acquires resources and coordinates the efforts of team members and external clients in order to deliver projects according to plan. Manages and defines the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout the completion of the project(s) life cycle. Creates work plans based on goals and targets, and implement evidence based interventions in a one or more multi-sector areas, as well as new technologies and practices. Collaborates with other sectors in order to integrate work plans, budgets and multi-sector interventions, which are essential for the success and sustainability of the project.
- Manages and oversees the development of projects from initiation to completion.
- Manages capacity building project staff in coordinating and managing the implementation of project activities, delivering quality and accountability.
- Provide guidance and monitoring for project staff, ensuring clarity over project plans and priorities and encouraging effective team work.
- Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Defines project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals and strategic vision of management.
- Develops and delivers project plans, documentation,training, presentations and budget proposals to management and staff.
- Identifies and resolves project issues and implements improvement plans to ensure project stays on schedule and within budget.
- Coaches, mentors, and manages project team to ensure quality, efficiency and compliance with project and company standards/policies.
- Builds, develops, and grows partnerships vital to the success of the project.
- Manages the operational and tactical aspects of multiple projects in a matrix environment.
- Oversees entire projects with focus on minimizing risk across multiple projects, monitors budgets, and scope to ensure successful execution of project(s) deliverables and completion of project(s).
- Manages the development of project teams to ensure compliance with policies and procedures; also to develop and implement process improvement plans.
- Identifies partnerships, opportunities and information to present to management to help achieve strategic goals of the company.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Works independently and with other agencies to build local community acceptance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with project management, process development and execution.
- Strong knowledge of project management software and other technologies.
- Strong negotiator and problem solver.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated project and personnel management skills.
- Ability to influence, motivates, and collaborates with others.
- Ability to adapt and resolve problems/issues to bring project to completion.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent • Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Project Management (PM) Certification preferred.
- Typically requires 8+ years of project management experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Experience in multi-sector management and implementation.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation as well as strategic planning, capacity building and team management.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate. Preferred Education and/or related experience with operating in insecure environments.
- Master’s degree or its international equivalent preferred.
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%