INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
1. Terms of reference
Job title: Project Manager
Location: The post holder will be based in Bor, Jonglei, with visits to the field (Waat and Akobo) in Northern Jonglei
Reporting to: Protection Coordinator
Starting date: 01/01/2017
Duration of contract: 12 months
General context of the project
The Project Manager is in charge of the implementation and the supervision of the protection project in Jonglei State targeting the Internally Displaced People (IDP) in Akobo Waat and Bor. The project relates to the implementation of prevention and response activities for GBV, in particular the incumbent will:
- Be responsible for the management of the UNHCR project including providing technical, financial, human resources, logistics and procurement oversight;
- Be responsible that prevention strategies are in place in order to mitigate GBV risks for the population of concern:
- Strengthen capacity of relevant local networks, community stakeholders and authorities to raise awareness on GBV issues and to identify/reinforce prevention strategies;
- Carry out prevention activities focusing on women and girls, and engaging men and boys, to promote better understanding of causes and consequences of GBV, and their right to seek and receive help;
- Providing to the identified or referred GBV individual cases basic case management including psychosocial first aid and timely referral to available and relevant GBV services;
- Building on the existing network of services to maintain and reinforce the SGBV Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and related referral pathway mechanism.
2. Tasks and responsibilities
- Write timely and concise biweekly, monthly and quarterly narrative and financial reports using UNHCR reporting templates;
Ensure regular staff supervision, field visits and action-oriented feedback for monitoring and evaluation, adherence to accountability procedures and documentation, as well as technical guidelines;
Prepare and update overall management activity work plans for Bor, Akobo and Waat
Develop the project procurement plan and financial plans on a quarterly basis.
Supervise the provision of GBV assistance to the target population through a strong community-based approach and running the Listening Center, conducting GBV case management .
To facilitate the identification of human rights violations and protection risks, including poor access of persons with specific needs to basic services.
Develop and run livelihood activities for vulnerable youth identified through the protection monitoring.
Establishment and running of Community-based Protection Networks.
- Promote the capacity-building of relevant protection actors (among the civil society, government authorities and community leaders) through their involvement in the project activities.
- Actively participate to the GBV Sub Cluster in Bor, co-leading the meetings in order to develop GBV frameworks and strategies as well as organize join-activities with relevant GBV partners.
3. Required profile/experience:
- Degree in International Development Cooperation, Law, Humanities. and/or Master Degree in Humanitarian Response or similar curricula.
- Advanced Diploma in gender related issues, human rights, GBV, desirable.
- 3 years of experience in Protection activities
- Previous experience in emergency setting required
- Previous experience in South Sudan an asset
- strong management and leadership skills in inter-ethnic environment,
- ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships,
- strong organizational and problem-solving skills with creative approach, ability to cope with stress and insecurity
- Proficient knowledge of English required. Ability to speak Arabic is an asset
- Available to operate efficiently and live with basic living conditions
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their curriculum vitae, motivation letter and 2 references to: Recruitment@intersos.org
with subject line: "Project Manager Protection UNHCR – South Sudan”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview