- Job Title: Project Partnership Manager
- Location: Pune, Maharashtra
- Line Manager: Country Representative (based in Chennai)
- Line Report(s): Possibly Project Officer(s), Technical Advisor(s), Consultant(s)
- Status: Indian regulation employment contract – 2 years renewable
Asmae is a French international solidarity NGO specialized in child development. Independent, non-religious and non-political, it is open to everyone.
Created in 1980 by Sister Emmanuelle following her experience with scavengers in Egypt’s slums, Asmae keeps on respecting its founder’s values and methods: listening and proximity, pragmatism, respect of the differences, professionalism and reciprocity.
Asmae’s action aims to support vulnerable children and their families through providing tailor-made and long lasting support to local stakeholders working on child education and protection.
Its vision, “A fair world which guarantees that children can live and grow with dignity within their environment, to become free women and men who contribute to society”, is broken down into four missions:
o Stimulate child development through a global approach. To do this, Asmae also works on family support by taking their environment into account;
o Build the capacity of local stakeholders involved in child development, boost cooperation amongst them and maximize their social impact;
o Stand up for children by raising awareness and advocating;
o Experiment, disseminate and share practices.
Nowadays Asmae supports education and protection projects through 59 local organizations in Burkina-Faso, Egypt, France, India, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali and Philippines. Furthermore, in France, Asmae also directly manages a mother and childcare center.
2. ASMAE IN INDIA BACKGROUND
Asmae has been working in India since 1996. Since 2015, Asmae is represented by a Country Representative, Admin/Finance Officer and two Project Partnership Managers who are respectively in charge of the monitoring and development of programs in Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu. Asmae works with 8 local partners, mostly on prevention of school drop-out and underperformance, early childhood care and protection and prevention and care of children at risk.
The Project Partnership Manager is in charge of developing Asmae’s interventions in a given country, and implements the Asmae strategy in that country – in this case, in the State of Maharashtra, in India. S/he coordinates and ensures the monitoring and evaluation of projects in collaboration with local partners, and facilitates partnership relationships. S/he supports capacity-building of local partners. The PPM also contributes to raising and monitoring public and private funding. In addition, s/he leads and manages the staff working under her/his supervision (currently not applicable).
The Project Partnership Manager follows the local security and safety rules and procedures and contributes to the security context analysis.
4.1. Implementation of the intervention strategy in-country:
- Contributes towards situation analysis (both geographic and sectoral) for the development of Asmae interventions in-country
- Participates in developing strategic and operational planning (including: the strategy for supporting partners within the sector, provisional budget, annual action plan)
- Ensures the monitoring and evaluation of Asmae’s intervention strategy in-country
- Identifies, initiates and ensures the monitoring of relationships within the partnership (research, initiation, developing contracts, closure…) and of projects implemented by local partners
- Manages the analysis of partners’ needs, then establishes a support plan (advice, technical support, training)
- Organizes regular monitoring visits with local partners, ensures support and capacity-building to them, and ensures that sufficient resources are mobilised to implement the action plan as per Country Budget
- Ensures the operational monitoring of support activities and projects implemented by local partners, and contributes to facilitating networking
- Leads on funding applications; supervises the monitoring, reporting and evaluation of projects
4.2. Management of Human Resources:
- Lead and manage staff under his / her supervision (currently not applicable)
- Contributes to the recruitment and integration of relevant national and international staff
- Contributes to ensuring that Asmae’s practices comply with existing national regulatory frameworks
- Ensures that security regulations are respected and implemented, and ensures the implementation of tasks assigned by the Country Representative
4.3. Financial and Budget Management:
- Participates in the development of the Country Budget, in line with the intervention strategy and respecting internal procedures
- Contributes to the preparation and smooth running of financial audits, both of partners’ projects and of Asmae’s activities, in collaboration with the Administration and Finance Manager
- Together with partners, elaborates the project budgets
- Ensures that operational monitoring and financial monitoring are consistent, in collaboration with the Administration and Finance Officer
4.4. Facilitation of Internal and External Relationships:
- Upon approval by the Country Representative, identifies, organizes and/or participates in thematic groups with stakeholders working in education and child protection
- Participates in organizing visits from colleagues from the Head Office, funders, Asmae partners and institutional actors
- Participates in developing external communications tools
- Contributes to team meetings
- Contributes to the implementation of transverse activities led by the HQ Program department
Education / experience
- A post-graduate degree in Social Development/Social Work/Child Development or related fields
- 7-10 years of experience in the development or social work field
- 3 years – 5 years of experience in education and / or child protection project management (project development, M&E)
- Significant experience of working in partnership with civil society organizations / with NGOs or CBOs in the development field – with a capacity-building approach
- Experience of team management
- Knowledge of Maharashtrian context
Professional and personal skills
- Fluency in English (Minimum level of B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or a minimum TOEIC score of 785)
- Marathi is compulsory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to interact smoothly with people at various level within our partners' organizations
- Strong grasping capacity in budgeting and project planning
- Strong reporting skills: ability to summarize relevant information
- High level of autonomy
- Deadlines committed
- Proficient in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet
6. PRACTICAL MODALITIES
- Length: 24 months, renewable
- Beginning date: December 2017
- Status: Indian Fixed-Term Employment Contract
- Salary: 720 000 INR – 741 600 INR gross per year with perks, according experience
- Location: Pune, Maharashtra and regular field visits on project sites within Maharashtra as well as in Chennai at the Liaison office.