HIV and AIDS – The Past, Present, and Future.
- BY Adela
Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Project Specialist, Economic Governance and Trade (EGAT) in our Washington, DC office.
Crown Agents USA
We are change agents for greater global prosperity, delivering practical innovations in economic governance and trade; humanitarian solutions and food security, health systems, monitoring, evaluation, and learning; and, supply chain as a partner of the US Government.
As a subsidiary of Crown Agents Limited,
we leverage the expertise, resources, and network amassed from over 180
years of international development experience. Crown Agents works in
100+ countries, with on-the-ground presence in more than 35 and 13
permanent corporate offices in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. We are
wholly owned by a nonprofit foundation, allowing us to combine corporate
agility with a commitment to reinvesting our profits in transforming
Located in Washington, DC and incorporated in 1998, Crown Agents USA
provides technical assistance and support to clients such as the U.S.
Agency for International Development (USAID), Millennium Challenge
Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Department of State (DoS), and the U.S.
Trade and Development Agency (USTDA).
Role & Responsibilities
The Project Specialist will provide technical,
project administration, financial management, and business development
support for the EGAT Practice Area. The Specialist will coordinate with
the Senior Program Managers and the Practice Director in order to ensure
successful completion of programmatic and administrative deliverables
in a timely, organized, efficient and accurate manner. A successful
candidate will provide technical backing and business development
leadership in order to promote EGAT thought leadership and practical
· Provide project administration and backstopping support for assigned, international development projects
· Provide programmatic technical guidance, and quality assurance in field of technical expertise
· Provide business development support including technical proposal writing, proposal costing, and intelligence gathering
· Provide technical research assistance for projects or proposals
· Build relationships for developing new bid opportunities and leverage existing partnerships to expand new or existing programs
· Serve as CA-USA’s point-of-contact for all project-related administrative inquiries
· Assist in the review of contracts and subcontracts for compliance
· Assist in the development of project budgets, subcontractor budgets, and closely monitor project pipelines
· Assist in the resolution of contract related billing issues
· Process project documents through the approval process including
Independent Consultant Agreements, Travel Vouchers, and Check Requests
· Provide support for project start-up and close-down activities
· Assist in the recruitment of consultants for short-term technical
assistance requests and coordination of consultant agreement processes
· Support preparation of CA-USA monthly income forecasts
· Facilitate program management coverage when project manager is out of office
· Assist in troubleshooting project related issues and work with the EGAT team to present innovative solutions to management
· Master’s Degree in International Affairs, Business or related field
plus three years of demonstrated, related professional work experience
required in the international development and/or EGAT related field or
Bachelor's Degree plus five years of demonstrated, related professional
work experience required in the international development and/or EGAT
· Related experience working within a team based environment supporting multiple projects in progress highly desired
· Demonstrated understanding of donor funded projects such as USAID, MCC, World Bank preferred
· Demonstrated understanding of EGAT related project objectives and methodologies
· Basic understanding of finance, budgeting and income forecasting
· Excellent communication skills required
· Above average time management skills including ability to prioritize competing demands
· Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment
· Must demonstrate personal attributes such as loyalty and integrity
in addition to being determined and thorough, which is inherent in this
· Proven skills in Microsoft Office; advanced proficiency in Excel required
· Fluency in English including above average proficiency in writing, reading, and speaking
· Legal ability to work in the United States is required
To apply to this position, please email your CV to email@example.com, including your name, along with “16-72, Project Specialist”,
in the subject line. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown
Agents USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate legal right to work in the United States.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants
with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a
reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact
our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential
and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.