Founded in 2002, by President William J. Clinton and Ira Magaziner, the Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. ('CHAI') is a global health organization committed to strengthening integrated health systems and expanding access to care and treatment in the developing world. CHAI's solution-oriented approach focuses on improving market dynamics for medicines and diagnostics; lowering prices for treatment; accelerating access to lifesaving technologies; and helping governments build the capacity required for high-quality care and treatment programs. Since its inception, CHAI's programs have helped more than 11.8 million people in more than 70 countries have access to CHAI-negotiated prices for HIV/AIDS medicines, saving the global health community billions of dollars.
The Provincial Coordinator Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) will be based in one of three provinces (GP/MP/KZN) and report to both the HAST/VMMC Provincial Coordinator and the VMMC Program Manager. The Provincial Coordinator VMMC is responsible for overall planning, management and quality implementation of the VMMC implementation plan at the province. S/he will manage key stakeholders, partnerships, program delivery monitoring and compliance of a successful delivery of the VMMC scale up plan.
Program Management and ensure implementation
- Overall management of provincial VMMC program (implementation of the VMMC scale up costed operational plan) and responsible for monitoring program progress towards achieving results
- Maintain professional relationships with relevant Government departments
- Identify partnerships and collaborations strategies with NGOs, DOH or the private sector which would enhance the Province's capacity to implement the VMMC program
- Prepare annual workplan(s) and budget(s) for the VMMC program
- Review budget and work plan and progress over time to ensure budget absorption and to produce corresponding results
- Contribute in fostering a learning environment among VMMC technical team members, to encourage innovation and sharing of ideas across the VMMC technical team, with partners, with Government and other key stakeholders.
- Monitoring and implementation of VMMC Microplans
- Ensure technical leadership across the VMMC program, and provide support as requested to other district programs.
- Support with the establishment of the provincial VMMC technical working groups (TWG)
- Support the supply chain management/outsourcing of VMMC services at the provincial level
- Strengthen the VMMC quality assurance process at provincial level in line with national guidelines
Reporting and Documentation
- Ensure the timely submission of VMMC data from all sources (private sector, partners, DoH etc)
- Ensure that annual work plan, and all other quarterly and annual reports are produced and delivered on time
- Plan and share reporting requirements with VMMC team and assist them to comply with policies
Representation and Networking
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with Government Ministries and departments, UN agencies, PEPFAR, and NGOs involved in sector as well as the private sector stakeholders
- Ensure strong communication and coordination with other programs, and with other HIV/AIDS initiatives in order to streamline VMMC service delivery and sustenance
Strategic Direction and Program development
- Support the VMMC leadership in planning and designing new VMMC interventions/ initiatives, and in the d esign and development of project proposals where necessary
- Represent the program in sector meetings and strategic planning workshops
- Bachelors degree in relevant field such as Social Sciences
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in implementation of programs in the health sector
- Significant experience in partnership management and experience in management of HIV/AIDS programs are highly desirable
- Possess sound knowledge on VMMC programming
- Skilled in team management; financial management and national scale program management through both partnership and direct implementation
- Good communication skills
- Commitment and enthusiasm to learn and advance learning of other staff