Public Sector Strengthening Channel Manager
Marie Stopes International, United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organisation providing personalised contraception services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free to pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further MSI's Goal: The Prevention of Unwanted Births and its mission of ensuring the individual's right to: Children by Choice Not Chance.
The Public Sector Channels Manager will work closely with the Public Sector Channels Director to ensure that MSI delivers clinically sound, client focused and sustainable services. As well as supporting the development and implementation of the channel specific success model, they will work closely with the in-country channel leads across priority programmes, directing, coaching and supporting these colleagues to continue improving performance against our priority KPIs. They will spearhead new initiatives, working with pilot countries to experiment with new approaches - working with Evidence to Action to include 'what works' into the success model. They will nurture a strong community of practice internally and foster strong partnerships externally
- Achievement of PSS channel performance targets 2 Development, Implementation and Maintenance of Success Model: 3 Help the Strategy and Donor Team Win New Proposals:
- Capacity Building and Technical Support to Country Programmes
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- Experience managing large, multi-year international health system strengthening projects that have implemented successful activities in areas such as family planning/reproductive health
- Experience of aligning strategy over multiple countries, preferably in the area of health system strengthening
- Track record of working successfully with both political and civil service arms of government at the national and sub-national-level
- Demonstrated strong leadership, strategic thinking, organisational, team-building and external relations skills
- Knowledge of adult learning principles, health system strengthening frameworks, donor landscape (particularly USAID and DFID) and other organisations working on health system strengthening
- Experience of remote matrix-working within a large, complex international organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of generating, tracking and analysing management information and client data to inform management decision-making
- Previous experience identifying and sharing best practice and encouraging innovation within dispersed teams
- Experience in reproductive healthcare service delivery models and health financing approaches an advantage
- Experience in a social business or commercial setting
- Conversant in the delivery of high quality SRH clinical services
- Experience in running a country programme, or supporting, senior leadership of a large country programme