Readvertising - Global Roving Finance Manager
Norwegian Refugee Council, Oslo, Norway
Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 20:30
The position plays a crucial role as the pivotal point in country operations in terms of financial and administrative management, with strong interfaces with logistical and HR support to new and existing country programmes and responding to challenges in country operations. The Global Roving Finance Manager (GRFM) must be capable of assuming senior management positions in a new country or in any of the NRC Country Programmes on very short notice.
- The GRFM reports to the Head of Emergency Response Section (ERS) in NRC Oslo. During field assignments the GRFM reports normally to the respective Country Director at the NRC Country office deployed to.
- A separate Terms of Reference (ToR) is developed for each mission. Common for all missions is the focus on implementation of NRC’s existing handbooks, guidelines and policies. The fundamental values directing NRC’s work are: dedication, innovation, inclusiveness and accountability.
- The GRFM will be required to undertake missions up to 75% of the year to country programmes, providing a variety of management and support functions including, but not limited to:
- As (interim) Finance Manager (FM) in a start-up country or Acting FM in an existing country programme
- Provide support to the FM or the Country Director when a country program requires additional external support to manage a particular situation - e.g. emergency response, sudden staffing gaps, annual leaves or other
- Acting as in-country mentor and trainer to newly recruited FMs
- Participate in or lead internal audits or reviews of a country programme
- Carry out other relevant type of mission upon request from the Head of Emergency Response Section.
- In most situations, temporary assignments will be from 3-6 months. At times without a specific mission planned, place of duty and tasks will be agreed with the Head of Section ERS.
- Has a clear track-record within Finance Management at senior level.
- Proven management experience in a complex, multi sectored and large sized program in an emergency context.
- A mature and experienced person who holds natural authority.
- Has the attributes of a Manager, i.e. can take and execute decisions, delegates, holds initiative, is able to prioritize, consults to get clarity but is able to perform without much day-to-day supervision and follow-up.
- A motivator.
- Appreciates the importance of finance, administration, HR and project implementation being intricately connected and understands the need to be seen both as a support and a control function.
- At least 3 years experience in a humanitarian and/or post conflict context at management level within Finance and Administration.
- Strong understanding of how finance, logistics, administration, HR and IT comes together to support operations.
- Relevant university degree, preferably business administration/financial management or other relevant educational background.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Solid experience of work with Windows-based computer software, especially Excel and modern accounting-systems preferable Agresso.
- Holder of a valid international driver’s licence.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Proven ability to manage and develop staff capacities.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven diplomatic and negotiation skills; the ability to effectively manage a variety of internal and external relationships.
- Result oriented and problem solving.
- Coping with changing environments, on a professional as well as a personal level.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Culturally sensitive.
- Positive outlook.
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Approved health cerificate will be requested before contract start.
- Commencement: ASAP
- Contract period: 24 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions. Please note that tax fees may occur for some countries.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location