ABOUT THE ROLE
The world's largest human rights organization is looking for creative, dynamic, and effective campaigners to deliver change in South Asia. You will develop innovative strategies that reach new audiences, deepening the organization's presence in the region while mobilizing its international membership to bring human rights abuses to an end.
We are pleased to be recruiting for four posts to join the new Colombo Office in Sri Lanka. The regional areas these positions will cover will include: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
With an expert knowledge of human rights issues in the region and established track record of delivering campaign strategies that have delivered positive change, you will be a self-starter, full of new ideas with an enthusiasm to embrace new challenges. A team-player, who can work with a broad range of stakeholders, you will bring excellent organizational and planning skills. As someone with rich experience of working and living in the region, you will have first-hand campaign knowledge, sound political judgment and strong communications skills. You will have experience of writing for different audiences, public speaking, and using social media. You will have a firm grasp of the political landscape, with an expert knowledge of at least one South Asian country. Fluency in at least one South Asian language is highly desirable.
- Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 7 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world and have:
- more than 2 million members and supporters who drive forward our fight for rights
- more than 5 million activists who strengthen our calls for justice
- Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they're denied. And whether we're applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we're all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
- At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
- Benefits include 25 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.