Regional Human Resources Advisor
Danish Refugee Council, Yangon, Myanmar
Closing Date for Applications:
Do you believe that people are the key for achieving results in the humanitarian sector? Do you have experience providing professional and business-focused international HR support? Are you motivated by the challenge of working with diverse stakeholders, in some of the world’s most complex humanitarian contexts? Then the Danish Refugee Council is looking for you.
About the job
- In the Asia region, DRC responds to the needs of displacement affected populations in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Bangladesh, Myanmar and Vietnam. 900+ national and international DRC staff operate under a regional structure with capable country operations and a small regional office currently located in Afghanistan and Copenhagen.
- The Regional Human Resources Advisor is responsible for ensuring that DRC's human resource management strategy and functions are carried out effectively across the region. In support of regional objectives, you will also help to implement DRC’s Global HR Strategy. Your main tasks will be:
- Human Capital Planning: Ensure that all countries in your AOR (area of responsibility) have included human capital planning as part of annual planning and budgeting process.
- Recruitment: Support management and Global HR with recruitment for selected business-critical positions.
- Induction / Onboarding: Ensure adequate induction and onboarding is provided for new staff at regional and/or country level, based on relevant DRC policies and guidelines, as well as region and/or country specific requirements.
- Staff learning and development: Ensure performance appraisal system functions across region. Assist managers and staff in understanding and using DRC's performance appraisal tool.
- Retention: Contribute to the development of country, regional and global staff retention strategies.
- Policy Alignment: Support the development of national staff handbooks for each country, compliant with national labour law. Ensure alignment of regional and country staff policies with global policies.
- Capacity development. Build capacity of HR staff in the region to effectively implement relevant DRC HR policies and practices.
- Business-focused Administrative Support. Ensure that HR in each country can provide essential administrative support functions effectively and efficiently. Provide regional guidance on pay and remuneration issues for national employees, including regular salary reviews.
To be successful in this role we expect you to be a pro-active and outgoing team player who thrives in supporting managers to bring out the best in employees and create the conditions so they can thrive with DRC. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in HR management, administration, change management, and/or organizational development
- Experience in HR business partnering to mid or senior-level managers
- At least 3 years working at an international level (outside of your home country)
- At least 2 years experience working in multi-cultural work settings
- Postgraduate degree in the field of strategic human resources management, or similar
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Work experience in an international humanitarian or development organization
- HR policy development experience
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: one year, renewable dependent on both performance and funding