MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities.
The South Sudan PCEP Project will enhance the Mission’s portfolio by promoting stability, local solutions, and citizen participation to mitigate conflict, advance reconciliation efforts, increase acces to information, and empower civil society. The project will provide flexible, strategic responses to peace building and civil-society strengthening opportunities throughout the country.
Please Note: Local South Sudanese citizens are encouraged to apply.
The Regional M&E Specialists (multiple openings) will be based in one of the project’s regional offices in South Sudan. The Regional M&E Specialists will report directly to senior M&E staff in the regional office, or to project headquarters in Juba. This position is primarily responsible for data capture, entry, and analysis. S/he will execute procedures and operations as directed by his/her supervisor.
- In coordination with the program officers and the M&E team, develop activity-level M&E plans.
- Develop and update the Performance Monitoring Plan and performance indicators.
- Ensure that all regional office program and M&E staff have a clear understanding of the results framework, including definitions, targets and data collection sources and collection cycle.
- Collect and collate project data, including interviews, surveys, and focus group discussions.
- Conduct data verification and quality control exercises including data review.
- Ensure that all performance monitoring tasks are completed on time and are of high quality.
- Assist in designing and implementing initiatives to strengthen the project’s approach to M&E, including adoption of standardized indicators, indicator tracking tools, and innovative evaluation approaches.
- Monitor and document the progress and lessons learned of activities using the program’s database, particularly contributing with activity notes.
- Submit monitoring and evaluation reports for activities or groups of activities, as required by the supervisor.
- Regularly visit partners, beneficiaries and activities to evaluation the progress and impact of the activities.
- Prepare site visit reports in the format required by the supervisor.
- Perform activity evaluations, identifying the results and lessons learned, as required.
- Develop M&E inputs for quarterly progress reports and annual reports based on results framework.
- Constantly share the lessons learned of the activities with the entire program team.
- Help build the capacity and provide technical assistance to partners and grantees in monitoring and evaluation techniques.
- Actively contribute to information sharing in the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required. Professional certifications or training will be viewed favorably.
- Experience with USAID M&E principles and tools (PMP, workplan, evaluation, surveys, reporting) strongly preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience related to M&E; survey management and evaluation methods.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various locations in-country.
- Fluency in both written and oral English.