What to do if you missed a phone call from your prospective employer?
- BY Amber Wilson
Regional Program Development Manager – Asia
Location: Washington DC, London (UK), or Manila (Philippines), with field travel (60%)
Work that inspires
About RI: Relief International (RI) is a home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
A challenging and rewarding role
Position Summary: Relief International currently seeks a Regional Program Development Manager (RPDM) with a focus on the Asia Region. The RPDM will be responsible for donor engagement and capture management (approximately 50%) and managing and/or assisting in proposal development (approximately 50%). The RPDM will travel (at least 60%) to field sites as well as other countries as needed. The RPDM reports to the Vice President of Program Development.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Donor Engagement and Capture Management (approximately 50%)
In coordination with the regional and country teams:
• Support development of RI strategy in Asia and ensure coordination with overall program development strategy;
• Maintain regular engagement with donors, international organizations, national governments, foundations, etc., to track donor trends and priorities and inform HQ of upcoming program priorities;
• Represent RI to the donor community as needed and inform donors on RI regional and country efforts;
• Attend relevant meetings and networking events (e.g., regional and national coordination meetings, relevant RFA/P meetings, donor consultations) as needed for the performance of duties;
• Maintain outreach with relevant international and local NGOs as well as private sector firms in order to facilitate partnerships needed for program development opportunities; and,
• Develop capture plans and conduct completion analysis on upcoming priority proposals.
Proposal Development (approximately 50%)
• Engage in needs assessment for project proposals as necessary;
• Contribute to program design, for solicited and unsolicited programs, and for pilot and full scale programs;
• Where proposals are pending with donor agencies, meet with donor officers to ensure program plans represent a good fit with donor objectives;
• Participate in the preparation of funding proposals, including leading proposal writing efforts as well as costing efforts;
• Track country and regional proposal efforts and report to PD team on status;
• Support effective go/no-go decisions and cost share analysis;
• Serve as PD focal point for Philippines and Bangladesh;
• Build the capacity of regional and country teams in program development; and,
• Ensure review process and submission is completed, within submission deadlines.
• Undertake travel as required in the pursuit of the above tasks;
• Prepare regular activity reports for HQ;
• Undertake other ad hoc tasks, as instructed by HQ; and,
• Operate within RI policy, setting an example for other field staff.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability and willingness to travel to field offices.
• MA in international relations, business administration or other relevant field
• 5 years’ minimum experience INGO context, previous experience with USAID preferred
• 10 years’ minimum relevant work experience with progressively increasing responsibility
• Proven success in grant writing, net-working and liaising with field and HQ staff when necessary
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
· Transparency and Accountability
· Agility and Innovation
Please note: Due to the critical nature of this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidates will be processed prior to any closing date listed on any job board.