PATH is currently seeking a talented and passionate Regional Recruiter to help lead recruitment for our Eastern Africa region. This role will partner closely with our HR Business Partners and Country Program Leaders to develop a long-term strategy to hire top talent, improve processes, develop and implement creative pipeline strategy.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
For more than 30 years, we have collaborated with a diverse range of partners to help improve health in Africa including: Controlling emerging and epidemic diseases, delivering vaccines and immunizations, improving reproductive, maternal, and child health, and Introducing health technologies amongst other programs. PATH also has strategic initiatives in Africa, where PATH is committed to contributing to health care transformation through strategic partnerships with the government, international and local nongovernmental organizations, and the private sector. Our work focuses on nutrition, reproductive, maternal, and child health, vaccines & immunizations, non-communicable diseases, and Malaria.
PATH's success is based on our ability to recruit and retain people who meet the highest standards of excellence and integrity. Our recruiting team has a significant impact on solving global health challenges when we hire people with the right skills and an aptitude for impact and collaboration. Successful recruiters are strategic advisors who utilize their expertise to guide and support timely and effective talent searches.
- Build strong relationships with client teams and serve as strategic advisor on recruiting matters.
- Advise hiring managers on networking and recruiting strategies and provide recommendations for attracting diverse applicants.
- Recruit and hire talent for Eastern Africa region, including Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Ethiopia.
- Source candidates utilizing cutting edge technology, social media, targeted outreach and networking.
- Take initiative to provide innovative solutions to challenges and ensure timeliness and efficiency throughout search.
- Review resumes, interview candidates, lead post interview discussions, and manage candidate communications and expectations.
- Partner with the Regional HRBP in developing recruiting and talent management strategies to ensure critical projects are appropriately staffed.
- Guide hiring managers to identify a balanced interview team, design an efficient and professional interview process, and prepare interviewer.
- Negotiate job offer, coordinate reference and background checks, and ensure candidate records are accurate and complete.
- Guide hiring managers to make fair hiring decisions.
- Develop competitive offers following PATH practices.
- Ensure compliance with PATH policies and practices and applicable local labor laws.
- Participate in the development and optimization of recruiting processes and best practices.
- Contribute to the larger Africa HR and Global HR teams, bringing regional perspective and best practices to the global team.
- Bachelor's degree. A higher national diploma in HR would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years' HR experience with experience in life-cycle recruiting.
- Experience recruiting senior level professionals in the Eastern Africa Region.
- Proven effectiveness leading talent searches while demonstrating professionalism, discretion, fairness, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated success driving recruitment efforts and influencing clients to adopt best practices in all aspects of recruiting.
- Track record of working well in a team environment with highly technical staff.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working efficiently, productively, and with urgency in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands and keep others apprised of progress.
- Demonstrated success exercising sound judgment, applying effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills, and acting and thinking independently.
- Proven success using online recruiting tools and strategies to identify talent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and working knowledge of applicant tracking systems and online sourcing techniques.
- Membership in a professional HR body is an added advantage.