Regional Security Director
World Vision, South Africa
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
- You will provide security and crisis leadership for the Southern Africa region to help World Vision deliver programmes, respond to changes quickly.
- Systematically manage security risks at an acceptable level.
- You will help create an adaptive and resilient organisation that is prepared for, responds well to, and recovers quickly from adverse events using a ‘continuous improvement’ approach.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in Security Management, Risk Management, Strategic Studies, International Relations or Emergency Management or other management discipline.
- Sound knowledge of INGO security practices with proven experience in security risk assessments, security planning and crises management in the humanitarian context.
- At least 5 years or work related experience in the professional security, resilience, business continuity, NGO or UN working at international level with international agencies, INGO’s, governments, military, law enforcement or private sector in a leadership role.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in French and English.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time and includes travel to high risk locations with minimal notice.