A Million Voices Philippines is a grass root organization that is looking for a Registered Social Worker for a full-time position in Manila, the Philippines. The organization has community based projects, and the position is primary linked to a scholarship program.
You can read more about the organization here: www.amillionvoices.no.
I. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct intake interviews and assessment before a child is enrolled into any program, as well as any meetings with parents, referring party, teachers and other concerned staff.
- Make recommendations for children and/or families to be included in the scholarship program.
- Make needs assessments and case studies for existing and new scholars, and update the case studies regularly.
- Monitor the status of each scholar family included in the scholarship program and prepare necessary action plans upon need.
- Make proper endorsement or referral to other agencies if services needed are beyond the service capacity of the organization.
- Conduct individual/group counselling of the scholars and family members.
- Conduct regular meetings with the scholar’s parents for updates, concerns and other issues.
- Conduct home and school visitations.
- Coordinate with teachers/school advisers, parents, colleagues and partners for the educational needs of the scholars.
- Facilitate the health care needs of the scholars and coordinates with the doctor, nurses and hospital (includes medical records);.
- Organize skills training and parenting sessions for the parents.
- Organize the scholars to enhance their talents, self-confidence, leadership and team-building skills through training, seminars and activities.
- Prepare social case study reports, monthly reports, DSWD filings, recordings and evaluations.
- Registered/Licensed Social Worker.
- Can be a newly graduate, but preferably with some years of experience.
- Local resident in Metro Manila
- No criminal record (NBI clearance to be submitted)
- Proven work experience with children and youth in depressed communities.
- Good English skills.
- Skillful in organizing data, reports and proposals.
- Computer literate.
- Energetic, dynamic, gregarious and willing to learn.
- Skills in leading people to work as a team and develop human resource.
III. NOTES ABOUT THE POST
A. This is a full-time employment vacancy.
B. We initially need to receive from you your application letter and resume with references.
C. If you are a possible candidate, we also need copy of your official ID, NBI Clearance, diploma and Professional license.
Position is with start-up as soon as possible, after passing the interview and reference and background checks.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicable candidates may send their COVER LETTER and RESUME WITH REFERENCES to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Addressed to Ms Larissa Tsuboi.
Kindly note that only eligible candidates will be contacted and that e-mails with no content or with missing attachments will not be considered. Also applications of applicants who do not have the needed qualifications will not be considered.
More information about the organization can be found here: http://www.amillionvoices.no