We are looking for our delegation in Iraq for a
Reporting Officer - JPO
Location and working conditions: Erbil - Iraq
Activity rate: 100%
Start date of post: 03.01.2017
Duration : 4 months
Deadline: Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is ongoing until the position is filled.
Junior Programme Officer position Swiss salaried contract 1’500 CHF (~1’300 €) <> 1’800 CHF (~1’650 €) net /month x 13 times (+ Withholding AVS candidate for Switzerland). Vacancy: 25 days/year, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, location, return flight.
Main responsibilities :
Assist the Program Coordinator in the implementation of programs
- He/She contributes to the effective monitoring of programs (attainment of objectives, monitoring of indicators, in compliance with the schedule of activities, budget monitoring, contractual report...);
- He/She alerts the Program Coordinator in cases where discrepances in the execution of programs would be identified and proposes adjustments (at the level of activities, intervention area, budget, implementation schedule...);
- He/She contributes to humanitarian needs assessments;
- He/she contributes to project proposal drafting;
- He/She assists the Program Coordinator and the Country Representative in preparing Delegation strategy.
He/she is in charge and coordinates external and internal reporting on the delegation
- He/she takes minutes in coordination meeting;
- He/she takes minutes in external meetings;
- He/she consolidates situation reports from bases and from Erbil;
- He/she consolidates data from the field to present results;
- He/she prepares retro plannings and pilots the redaction of donor reports;
- He/she coordinates the redaction of program activities reports;
- He/she ensures compliance of the documents produced with the graphic chart, with donor requirement and ensures good quality reports are produced.
Assist the Program Coordinator with the training supevision of teams
- He/She organizes training of expatriate and local personnel (organizational, methodological, possibly technical support, organization for training...) and recommends internal or external training programs;
- He/She assists the Program Coordinator in designing training on monitoring tools.
Ensure Tdh representation
- At the request of the Program Coordinator or the Country Representative, he/she represents the organization locally to donors, NGOs, International Organizations and local authorities, and reports interview findings to the HoM or the PC;
- At the request of the Head of Delegation, he/she participates as an active member in internal coordination meetings.
Assist head of Delegation in liaisons with headquarters
- He/She prepares SitRep and external reports and submits them for confirmation to the Country Representative or the Program Coordinator by complying with internal confirmation deadlines and external contracts expiration dates (project reports).
Competencies: This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC),Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
- Excellent editorial quality
- Excellent knowledge of english (written & spoken)
- French, good knowledge
- Knowledge of project management
- Excellent reporting skills
- Knowledge in the following sectors of activity is an asset: WASH, Child Protection, CCCM, Education, Cash programming
As well as the following specific "progessional" competencies:
- Ability to be assertive, when necessary
- Ability to analyze (judgment, practicality) and to synthesize
- Ability to adapt
- Organization, discipline and compliance with deadines
- Outstanding ability to listen and negotiate
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Calm and composed
- Ability to work under stress in general and inemergency situations in particular
Child Protection Policy:
- To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Protection Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy
- To commit to ensure the best implementation possible of th Tdh Risk Management Policies in Iraq
- To commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
HOW TO APPLY:
Please postulate on our website: www.tdh.ch/en/jobs We will only consider complete online applications corresponding to the required profile. Your application must include a complete CV and a covering letter. If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
If you face difficulties in applying online, please contact our HR department: email@example.com
Terre des hommes provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged.
The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes reflect our commitment for child security and protection.